How can I cancel my bid or my purchase?
If you have placed a bid by mistake, you can withdraw it under certain conditions. If all the conditions are met, you can cancel your bid easily on the item page.
The following criteria have to be met:
- The sale is still ongoing
- The bid was placed less than 24 hours ago
- You are the only bidder
- You have not reached the maximum number of cancellations allowed: 5 over the last 30 days
If the above conditions are met, you can take the following steps to cancel your bid.
- Go to the item page
- Click on "Exceptionally request that your offer be withdrawn" at the top right of the page.
- A window will open. Enter an explanation for the seller
- Click on “confirm cancellation of my bid”
- Your bid is automatically cancelled, it is no longer visible on the sale and the seller is notified by email.
If at least one of the above conditions is not met, you will not be able to cancel your bid in a few steps, as the button to cancel the bid will not be accessible. In other words, this will be the case if:
- The sale is closed
- The bid was placed more than 24 hours ago
- Several members have already placed a bid
- You have already cancelled 5 bids over the last 30 days.
In this case, it is still possible to contact the seller via the website's messaging system. We invite you to read this article for more information: "I am past the deadline to cancel my bid, what should I do?"
Contact our Customer Service.