Delcampe Sales

• crazyrebel

47 messages

United Kingdom

Well that transition went well, sales dropped and more money spent trying to keep up with the listings, was a very reliable store however due to many money grabbing companies who spoil and change things to suite their pockets I will be monitoring how these changes totally affect me otherwise I will be gone as probably a lot of sellers and buyer will be. Streamlining my auctions will not affect the sales but can reduce my fees if i drop them below certain specified margins , think i will go and dig the garden instead of trying to get my head around all this again
  • baifeiyun1

11 messages

China

For seller it is terrible,the sale is drop to one after system update.For seller it take more time to modify the price.
  • stevehillstamps

193 messages

United Kingdom

Its terrible for everyone as far as I can see.

Buyers are getting saddled with increased prices as most sellers are not reducing theirs to compensate, or at least not in full. I reduced mine by the old fees (£0.14 and 7%) but cant afford to take all the loss myself on £0.27 and 10%. Net result is less sales.

All sellers are having to adapt to higher item fees making low value lots poor value, and more expensive lots are better off selling on sites with a better sell through rate. Net result, less listings, leading to less sales.

Professional sellers have tax issues as they've fluffed the fees payments system so sellers are the ones paying the 'buyer' fees to them, not the buyers paying the fees direct as they promised. If this is not fixed soon professional sellers will start to close up shop entirely, or have to raise prices to compensate. Net result less sales.

Delcampe are likely suffering decreased fees due to less sales, even with the huge percentage increase in fees due to the above issues.
  • mjocovers

445 messages

United Kingdom

For seller it is terrible,the sale is drop to one after system update.For seller it take more time to modify the price.
    • Created on 11 Apr 2024 at 05:33
    sellers can do multiple modifications at the same time, to reduce the price all at once. But, as has been said, most sellers cannot afford to discount as much as the Delcampe fees have increased.
  • moonstone

978 messages

United Kingdom

Its terrible for everyone as far as I can see.

Buyers are getting saddled with increased prices as most sellers are not reducing theirs to compensate, or at least not in full. I reduced mine by the old fees (£0.14 and 7%) but cant afford to take all the loss myself on £0.27 and 10%. Net result is less sales.

All sellers are having to adapt to higher item fees making low value lots poor value, and more expensive lots are better off selling on sites with a better sell through rate. Net result, less listings, leading to less sales.

Professional sellers have tax issues as they've fluffed the fees payments system so sellers are the ones paying the 'buyer' fees to them, not the buyers paying the fees direct as they promised. If this is not fixed soon professional sellers will start to close up shop entirely, or have to raise prices to compensate. Net result less sales.

Delcampe are likely suffering decreased fees due to less sales, even with the huge percentage increase in fees due to the above issues.
    • Created on 11 Apr 2024 at 06:22
    I suspect many are going to give it a couple of months to see if things calm down, but as yet, there's not much sign of it. Delcampe will find out, if they don't already know it, when they compare their income at the end of this month to what they would have achieved in a comparable month prior to the changes.

Footfall to my store is down a bit based on the number of hits rcorded via Flagcounter, but actual sales are down drastically.

With a third of this month gone, my sales are about 10% of last moth's total
  • crazyrebel

47 messages

United Kingdom

I will give it a couple of months before i start dropping my auctions, I am not prepared to charge buyers extra to compensate, if you knock the price up, delcampe charges more, its a losing battle, it may get to where the fees they charge outstrip what you earn each month for the auction sales
    I dont really know why they have changed from a working plan to one that doesnt. I was bad enough learning the new lister, now they chuck us this one so they are guaranteed to get extra money, what a complete farce
  • 4margins

125 messages

United Kingdom

As I said in another post, Delcampe have effectively introduced a Buyers Premium of 10%+0.30 on all sales, which makes buying on here largely uneconomical. I do not intend to pay this on average material and neither I predict will most other buyers.
    I gave the example of an item I was watching which was originally priced at 47 euros, with the buyers commission it is now 52 euros - an outrageous charge to the buyer of 5 euros on a single item.
    For sellers who use multiple platforms to list their items, it is noticeable that their prices are lower elsewhere because they do not have a buyers premium added on. It is not for the buyer to pay platform fees.
  • crazyrebel

47 messages

United Kingdom

As I said in another post, Delcampe have effectively introduced a Buyers Premium of 10%+0.30 on all sales, which makes buying on here largely uneconomical. I do not intend to pay this on average material and neither I predict will most other buyers.
    I gave the example of an item I was watching which was originally priced at 47 euros, with the buyers commission it is now 52 euros - an outrageous charge to the buyer of 5 euros on a single item.
    For sellers who use multiple platforms to list their items, it is noticeable that their prices are lower elsewhere because they do not have a buyers premium added on. It is not for the buyer to pay platform fees.
    • Created on 11 Apr 2024 at 15:50
    Exactly as you quoted, guess Delcampe wants you to give it all away, obviously they make their money by charging the seller a fee now but i am sure those who have 250.ooo items on will start to feel the squeeze, i am sure i can drop enough off to go below the 10.000 but if they are going to charge the buyer more, i see no point, maybe after a couple of months i might just jump ship
  • Picturepostcardsonline

34 messages

United Kingdom

I won't be giving my items away for next to nothing. The buyers charges are far too high and at the other end the shop fees are again not realistic. Delcampe will be in for a shock at the end of the month my sales as others have disappeared. My fees were usually around £25.00 a month on my sales. Now I'm expected to pay just a bit less for a shop but with no sales.
    It's a shame but I will have to start again on another site if it doesn't change, I will be running at a loss otherwise. Will give it a month but will be dropping below 10000 items from 18000 which I was quite proud of!
  • crazyrebel

47 messages

United Kingdom

I won't be giving my items away for next to nothing. The buyers charges are far too high and at the other end the shop fees are again not realistic. Delcampe will be in for a shock at the end of the month my sales as others have disappeared. My fees were usually around £25.00 a month on my sales. Now I'm expected to pay just a bit less for a shop but with no sales.
    It's a shame but I will have to start again on another site if it doesn't change, I will be running at a loss otherwise. Will give it a month but will be dropping below 10000 items from 18000 which I was quite proud of!
    • Created on 11 Apr 2024 at 16:34
    I have the same amount of auctions but feel that with no sales i am not prepared to subsidised Delcampe with fees and no sales, as you say i am sure they will learn the error of their ways, I am sure they are still making bucket fulls of cash from sellers, well they can count me out if they dont improve
  • marionfeather

6 messages

United Kingdom

Well even knocking 10% off of my price, my sale have stopped dead, I think the buyers are completely put off.
  • oceania

63 messages

New Zealand

Well that transition went well, sales dropped and more money spent trying to keep up with the listings, was a very reliable store however due to many money grabbing companies who spoil and change things to suite their pockets I will be monitoring how these changes totally affect me otherwise I will be gone as probably a lot of sellers and buyer will be. Streamlining my auctions will not affect the sales but can reduce my fees if i drop them below certain specified margins , think i will go and dig the garden instead of trying to get my head around all this again
    • Created on 11 Apr 2024 at 05:01
    Over 10% fees is huge. Add to it Paypal fees and then shipping. Does not look good for a buyer. It will be very important for a buyer to place a lower bid all the time. And also buying multiple items to save on shipping. It is certainly easier than me adjusting the sale price down. Problem is it's all taking so much of my time and admin. Of course, the inevitable will happen, buyers will want to buy direct from the seller. What happened to high volume and low mark ups?
  • baifeiyun1

11 messages

China

oceania is right.I take four to five hours to modify the price every day.
  • baifeiyun1

11 messages

China

I could not understand why the delcampe to modify the system
  • moonstone

978 messages

United Kingdom

Over 10% fees is huge. Add to it Paypal fees and then shipping. Does not look good for a buyer. It will be very important for a buyer to place a lower bid all the time. And also buying multiple items to save on shipping. It is certainly easier than me adjusting the sale price down. Problem is it's all taking so much of my time and admin. Of course, the inevitable will happen, buyers will want to buy direct from the seller. What happened to high volume and low mark ups?
    • Created on 11 Apr 2024 at 18:20
    There is a multiple changes function available, which will allow you to change all your sales at the same time - see the bar at the left of your sales listing. This is free for everyone for a short period.
  • marionfeather

6 messages

United Kingdom

Another day go's by and nothing has sold.
  • baifeiyun1

11 messages

China

There is a multiple changes function available, which will allow you to change all your sales at the same time - see the bar at the left of your sales listing. This is free for everyone for a short period.
    • Created on 12 Apr 2024 at 04:19
    where is it?
  • baifeiyun1

11 messages

China

I have found it.Thank you
  • moonstone

978 messages

United Kingdom

I have found it.Thank you
    • Created on 12 Apr 2024 at 05:29
    :cool2:
  • sammlerkalle

747 messages

Germany

• Created on 12 Apr 2024 at 04:19
    At the moment this feature is only available for Gold Club members, but that's not Oceania. Strangely enough, the free phase only comes when the new subscriptions are introduced. It would have made sense to offer the free month now, because right now many people want to change the prices because of the new fees.
  • moonstone

978 messages

United Kingdom

At the moment this feature is only available for Gold Club members, but that's not Oceania. Strangely enough, the free phase only comes when the new subscriptions are introduced. It would have made sense to offer the free month now, because right now many people want to change the prices because of the new fees.
    • Created on 12 Apr 2024 at 05:51
    As far as I am aware, the feature is available free to everyone for a month to enable them to make the required changes. This was announced by Delcampe a couple of weeks ago.
  • sammlerkalle

747 messages

Germany

As far as I am aware, the feature is available free to everyone for a month to enable them to make the required changes. This was announced by Delcampe a couple of weeks ago.
    • Created on 12 Apr 2024 at 05:53
    Look here: Link (https)
    There is a title "What should sellers do when these new store memberships are launched online?" and therein a quote "To manage your sales, you will be able to close superfluous listings manually or use the multiple changes sale closing tool, which will be available free of charge for one month."
    Look at this part of the title "when these new store memberships are launched" and at this part in the quote "which will be". So the free month is only in the future and not now.
  • kollectitnow

31 messages

United Kingdom

Since the changes, I would have normally sold about 20 postcards, I have in fact sold one(Thank you buyer)! It may simply be buyers are waiting to see what happens, I am not relisting any items until the dust settles, but It it’s not looking good. Delcampe is fine, guaranteed income, buyers and sellers? Not so good.
  • Picturepostcardsonline

34 messages

United Kingdom

No sales today, just an update. If there is no improvement next week and I can't see why there should be im dropping 8000 postcards so Im Below 10000 and moving new listings elsewhere. I was hoping to see some Delcampe reaction on this thread as they can already see the sales have dropped to nothing.
  • sammlerkalle

747 messages

Germany

This is what it looks like when selling 6 cards. 8.10 euros was my old price and I will also receive 8.10 euros now. Delcampe just adds 30 percent. Of course, it's no wonder that sales figures are currently skyrocketing, because collectors are naturally enjoying themselves. He is also grateful because he is not allowed to pay with a bank transfer.

Join the collectors community

Register Login