Question about Luxembourg officials

• burkesworks

5 messages

United Kingdom

Hi everyone, now getting very close to completing my Luxembourg collection! Here is a query about the two black 80c official stamps featuring Grand Duchess Charlotte facing forwards.
    Regarding the first issue (Prifix/Michel D120, SG O262) - did the overprint come in both black and red?
    And re the second (Prifix/Michel D124, SG O266) - as far as I know the overprint was only in red on this one, but was the perforation 11 1/2 x 11 1/2 - and *only* 11 1/2 x 11 1/2? Just need to know in order to catalogue these two properly, and, if necessary, source a copy of D120/O262 with a black overprint.

Had a lot of fun with this Luxembourg collection but it's good to be close to the finishing line now; it would be great if one of you knew for sure about this in order for to edge that bit nearer.

Many thanks in advance,
    Tez
  • richnoddystamps

201 messages

United Kingdom

According to SG the 80c black was only ever issued as perf 11.5, so, SGO262 was only overprinted in black, and O267 only in red.
  • burkesworks

5 messages

United Kingdom

According to SG the 80c black was only ever issued as perf 11.5, so, SGO262 was only overprinted in black, and O267 only in red.
    • Created on 17 Mar 2024 at 18:57
    Thanks! As it turned out I managed to hunt down an O262 a few weeks ago (harder than it seemed) so now I can put the Luxembourg collection to bed.

Join the collectors community

Register Login