Scanner Colours

  • Konto gelöscht
    Konto gelöscht

    0 Beiträge

    Portugal

    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
  • Konto gelöscht
    Konto gelöscht

    0 Beiträge

    Vereinigtes Königreich

    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
    • Erstellt am 23.07.2014 um 11:19
    • #512005
    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
  • Konto gelöscht
    Konto gelöscht

    0 Beiträge

    Portugal

    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
    • Erstellt am 23.07.2014 um 14:14
    • #512016
    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
  • Konto gelöscht
    Konto gelöscht

    0 Beiträge

    Vereinigtes Königreich

    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
    • Erstellt am 23.07.2014 um 14:16
    • #512017
    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
  • Konto gelöscht
    Konto gelöscht

    0 Beiträge

    Portugal

    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
    • Erstellt am 23.07.2014 um 14:20
    • #512019
    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
  • wycombe1

    1958 Beiträge

    Vereinigtes Königreich

    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
    • Erstellt am 23.07.2014 um 14:29
    • #512020
    You can get a cheap scanner on the opposition site who shall remain nameless quite cheaply second hand.

    The one I use is a flat bed Xerox 2400 which allows me to scan up to 6 items at one time. Though with Postcards you would only be able to do 2 at a time.

    As they are so cheap 2nd hand (around a tenner) I have three. They last for a fair old while - the last one gave up the ghost after over 200,000 scans when the lamp went. Too much faffing around to replace it myself and too costly to get a repair place to do it. Far simpler just to get another. Scans from 100 dpi to 1200 dpi and is very simple to use. But a word of warning I use windows XP and am not sure it will work with later operating systems (you can check on the Xerox web site and if the drivers exist for other systems it is a simple matter to download them).

    As you are in France have a search on the opposition French site and see what is available.
  • Konto gelöscht
    Konto gelöscht

    0 Beiträge

    Vereinigtes Königreich

    You can get a cheap scanner on the opposition site who shall remain nameless quite cheaply second hand.

    The one I use is a flat bed Xerox 2400 which allows me to scan up to 6 items at one time. Though with Postcards you would only be able to do 2 at a time.

    As they are so cheap 2nd hand (around a tenner) I have three. They last for a fair old while - the last one gave up the ghost after over 200,000 scans when the lamp went. Too much faffing around to replace it myself and too costly to get a repair place to do it. Far simpler just to get another. Scans from 100 dpi to 1200 dpi and is very simple to use. But a word of warning I use windows XP and am not sure it will work with later operating systems (you can check on the Xerox web site and if the drivers exist for other systems it is a simple matter to download them).

    As you are in France have a search on the opposition French site and see what is available.
    • Erstellt am 23.07.2014 um 15:12
    • #512022
    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
  • postcarddepot
    Account geschlossen
    PRO free

    238 Beiträge

    Vereinigte Staaten

    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
    • Erstellt am 23.07.2014 um 11:19
    • #512005
    Before considering replacing the scanner, check whether you need to recalibrate the scanner. On mine, the pink tinge is an indicator I need to find the calibration function that is "hidden" somewhere within the scanner software's menu. It resets or recalibrates the colors and the white background (on the scanner lid) returns and colors on image are truer again.

    That said, there is a time when these things burn out - after 50-100,000 scans...?
  • Konto gelöscht
    Konto gelöscht

    0 Beiträge

    Portugal

    Before considering replacing the scanner, check whether you need to recalibrate the scanner. On mine, the pink tinge is an indicator I need to find the calibration function that is "hidden" somewhere within the scanner software's menu. It resets or recalibrates the colors and the white background (on the scanner lid) returns and colors on image are truer again.

    That said, there is a time when these things burn out - after 50-100,000 scans...?
    • Erstellt am 28.07.2014 um 09:41
    • #512402
    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
  • Konto gelöscht
    Konto gelöscht

    0 Beiträge

    Vereinigtes Königreich

    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
    • Erstellt am 31.07.2014 um 03:36
    • #512712
    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
  • Konto gelöscht
    Konto gelöscht

    0 Beiträge

    Portugal

    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
    • Erstellt am 31.07.2014 um 06:51
    • #512735
    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
  • Konto gelöscht
    Konto gelöscht

    0 Beiträge

    Portugal

    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
    • Erstellt am 31.07.2014 um 06:57
    • #512736
    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
  • Konto gelöscht
    Konto gelöscht

    0 Beiträge

    Portugal

    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
    • Erstellt am 31.07.2014 um 07:03
    • #512737
    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
  • postcarddepot
    Account geschlossen
    PRO free

    238 Beiträge

    Vereinigte Staaten

    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
    • Erstellt am 31.07.2014 um 07:20
    • #512740
    And I thought it was just my tired old eyes that couldn't see a difference!

    Re calibration of scanner - check your software's help tab or check for an online copy of the manual. Search for "calibration". It really has made a difference to scanning quality of the scanner I use. I have 3-4 of the same model scattered around various work spaces at home & office. If they've been left idle for periods of time, I get the pink tinge. Push a button, calibration done in 30 secs, and all's good. I recalibrate the main machine I use whenever I remember - every few months. It may be the calibration function is specific to the make & model I have. But it's worth a try, based on improvements I saw.
  • tris_nerima

    473 Beiträge

    Kanada

    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
    • Erstellt am 31.07.2014 um 07:03
    • #512737
    Your scanner's bulb is probably not lighting properly.If your scanner is more than 3 years old,it probably needs a new light.Bulbs don't last forever.
  • Konto gelöscht
    Konto gelöscht

    0 Beiträge

    Portugal

    Your scanner's bulb is probably not lighting properly.If your scanner is more than 3 years old,it probably needs a new light.Bulbs don't last forever.
    • Erstellt am 31.07.2014 um 12:28
    • #512777
    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
  • xtf70

    1490 Beiträge

    Vereinigtes Königreich

    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).
    • Erstellt am 31.07.2014 um 12:34
    • #512779
    My scanner/copier/printer (Epson SX105) started playing up as the scan head became misaligned and needed replacing - something I could have done myself quite easily except I couldn't get a replacement head so....
    New scanner/copier/printer (SX210) because it took the same ink cartridges (yes, I'm a cheapskate!) and cost about £65 - yes, that's all!

    Moral: is it worth faffing around when you can upgrade almost like for like at such a reasonable price? Also, I kept the old machine so my OH can print from her laptop without having to change connections to the new one
  • Konto gelöscht
    Konto gelöscht

    0 Beiträge

    Portugal

    My scanner/copier/printer (Epson SX105) started playing up as the scan head became misaligned and needed replacing - something I could have done myself quite easily except I couldn't get a replacement head so....
    New scanner/copier/printer (SX210) because it took the same ink cartridges (yes, I'm a cheapskate!) and cost about £65 - yes, that's all!

    Moral: is it worth faffing around when you can upgrade almost like for like at such a reasonable price? Also, I kept the old machine so my OH can print from her laptop without having to change connections to the new one
    • Erstellt am 31.07.2014 um 13:15
    • #512784
    Die Informationen sind nicht mehr verfügbar, da das Konto dieses Benutzers gelöscht wird (DSGVO-Grundverordnung).