Buyer unable to make payment

  • emmbersplace

    908 berichten

    Filipijnen

    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
    • Aangemaakt 15 okt 2016 op 17:38
    • #607111
    Yes, exactly the same here today. I am now checking my pp account daily because both D and PP have become a bit unreliable in notifications.

    Yesterday, I had a situation on a different site where neither the notification from the site nor the pp notification were received.....

    I expect it will all get sorted out in time.....I hope!
  • hoatzinstamps

    1162 berichten

    Verenigd Koninkrijk

    Yes, exactly the same here today. I am now checking my pp account daily because both D and PP have become a bit unreliable in notifications.

    Yesterday, I had a situation on a different site where neither the notification from the site nor the pp notification were received.....

    I expect it will all get sorted out in time.....I hope!
    • Aangemaakt 16 okt 2016 op 03:14
    • #607128
    I don't think I've ever seen such a mess with PAYPAL related payments. Like you I am getting PAYPAL advices from yesterday or the day before. And even today I get the PAYPAL advice but nothing from Delcampe. It's a 'pigs breakfast'.

    Alan Catherall
    [Hoatzinstamps]
  • Rekening verwijderd
    Rekening verwijderd

    0 berichten

    Verenigd Koninkrijk

    I don't think I've ever seen such a mess with PAYPAL related payments. Like you I am getting PAYPAL advices from yesterday or the day before. And even today I get the PAYPAL advice but nothing from Delcampe. It's a 'pigs breakfast'.

    Alan Catherall
    [Hoatzinstamps]
    • Aangemaakt 16 okt 2016 op 10:16
    • #607180
    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
  • Rekening verwijderd
    Rekening verwijderd

    0 berichten

    Verenigd Koninkrijk

    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
    • Aangemaakt 16 okt 2016 op 16:58
    • #607244
    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
  • hoatzinstamps

    1162 berichten

    Verenigd Koninkrijk

    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
    • Aangemaakt 13 sep 2016 op 14:11
    • #601974
    And once again today I have customers unable to pay via the Delcampe site.

    It is hopeless. Customers must be very frustrated. I know I am.

    Alan Catherall
    [Hoatzinstamps]
  • @webmaster
    Beheerder

    7000 berichten

    België

    And once again today I have customers unable to pay via the Delcampe site.

    It is hopeless. Customers must be very frustrated. I know I am.

    Alan Catherall
    [Hoatzinstamps]
    • Aangemaakt 30 okt 2016 op 08:20
    • #609157
    Dear alan,


    Do you know details on where your buyers face difficulties ?
  • hoatzinstamps

    1162 berichten

    Verenigd Koninkrijk

    Dear alan,


    Do you know details on where your buyers face difficulties ?
    • Aangemaakt 31 okt 2016 op 11:33
    • #609302
    This is a tough one to answer because I have not asked my customers directly.
    However, many of the posts you see on the Forum give you a good indication.

    I would say:

    - Payment i.e. settling via Delcampe. For some the problem is permanent and for others intermittent i.e. doesn't work one day and then the next all is OK.
    - Using the new site appears to be too complex and/or they are not comfortable with the 'look and feel'.
    - often they get distracted from what they are trying to do by other problems e.g. 404 error or language issues which they can't resolve.
    - I have had one customer that couldn't log in again after he visited the new site. He wasted a whole day trying various things without any progress!

    It is a combination of issues that are causing the negative feedback together with the apparent lack of stability of the site. The majority of my customers are retirees - that doesn't mean they are necessarily resistant to change but they want things to work and to be easy to use.

    I am not a buyer on Delcampe so it is difficult for me to give you the detailed insight you want. It is easier as a seller ... and I have pointed out many things that are in my opinion going to cause problems.

    I encourage others that do some buying to add to this thread.

    Alan Catherall
    [Hoatzinstamps]
  • @webmaster
    Beheerder

    7000 berichten

    België

    This is a tough one to answer because I have not asked my customers directly.
    However, many of the posts you see on the Forum give you a good indication.

    I would say:

    - Payment i.e. settling via Delcampe. For some the problem is permanent and for others intermittent i.e. doesn't work one day and then the next all is OK.
    - Using the new site appears to be too complex and/or they are not comfortable with the 'look and feel'.
    - often they get distracted from what they are trying to do by other problems e.g. 404 error or language issues which they can't resolve.
    - I have had one customer that couldn't log in again after he visited the new site. He wasted a whole day trying various things without any progress!

    It is a combination of issues that are causing the negative feedback together with the apparent lack of stability of the site. The majority of my customers are retirees - that doesn't mean they are necessarily resistant to change but they want things to work and to be easy to use.

    I am not a buyer on Delcampe so it is difficult for me to give you the detailed insight you want. It is easier as a seller ... and I have pointed out many things that are in my opinion going to cause problems.

    I encourage others that do some buying to add to this thread.

    Alan Catherall
    [Hoatzinstamps]
    • Aangemaakt 31 okt 2016 op 11:54
    • #609308
    Thank you for your help.


    "- Payment i.e. settling via Delcampe. For some the problem is permanent and for others intermittent i.e. doesn't work one day and then the next all is OK."

    We watch this carefully for a few days


    "- Using the new site appears to be too complex and/or they are not comfortable with the 'look and feel'."

    Next week's version should help a lot


    "- often they get distracted from what they are trying to do by other problems e.g. 404 error or language issues which they can't resolve."

    Last week-end, and still a bit today, there was a language problem indeed.


    "- I have had one customer that couldn't log in again after he visited the new site. He wasted a whole day trying various things without any progress! "

    We took decisions about this. 99% of users having difficulties to login is because they copy/paste their password with a space before or after. The new site is presently quite strict. We will enhance this a bit