Request for Clarification Regarding Warning

  • merlion

    165 messaggi

    Ungheria

    Dear Delcampe,
    I must say that I feel deeply disappointed and embarrassed to receive warnings of this kind.
    I have been an active member of Delcampe for almost 20 years, and I do not understand why a long-standing and loyal user should be addressed in such a manner.
    If a buyer wishes to collect a purchased item personally and I provide my contact details solely to arrange the collection, what exactly is the problem with this?
    I clearly emphasized to the buyer that the item would only be handed over after the transaction had been paid through the Delcampe platform. There was absolutely no intention to bypass Delcampe or to arrange payment outside the platform.
    For this reason, I find this warning particularly upsetting and unjustified. After almost 20 years of active membership, I would expect my history and conduct on Delcampe to be taken into consideration before receiving a message that makes me feel as though I have acted improperly.
    I would therefore appreciate an explanation of what exactly I did wrong in this situation.
    Kind regards,
    János Horváth :(

    Hello Janos Horvath (merlion),

    [D*] 2nd warning - The transmission of your contact details is not authorised by the Delcampe Terms & Conditions

    Hello,

    We have noticed that you have provided your email address and/or telephone number to another member, or that you have asked them for their contact details.

    We would like to remind you that, in accordance with the Delcampe Terms of Use, the exchange of personal contact details is not permitted.
    Sharing contact details encourages transactions and payments to be made outside the platform, which deprives Delcampe of the revenue it needs to operate.

    Since 16 January 2024, only payments made via the payment methods offered on Delcampe (PayPal, credit/debit card and bank transfer) are permitted.

    These rules are designed to ensure the security of transactions, the protection of members and the funding of the services offered by Delcampe.

    We would also like to draw your attention to the fact that, in the event of a transaction or payment made outside the platform, both the buyer and the seller may incur charges for failing to comply with the payment terms. These may include reimbursement of any platform fees that have been circumvented, as well as administrative charges of up to 20 per cent of the total transaction amount, with a minimum of €15.00 including VAT.

    We ask that you ensure strict compliance with these rules in your future transactions.
    Any further breaches may result in further action being taken against your account.

    For more information, please refer to the Delcampe Charter:
    Link (https)

    Regards,
    The Delcampe Team
  • jmajander

    69 messaggi

    Finlandia

    You can provide your contact details to the buyer and encourage them to get in touch outside the platform when you ship the purchased items. This is fully in accordance with the Delcampe Charter.
  • moonstone

    1050 messaggi

    Regno Unito

    You can provide your contact details to the buyer and encourage them to get in touch outside the platform when you ship the purchased items. This is fully in accordance with the Delcampe Charter.
    But the point the OP makes is that the buyer wanted to collect the item, therefore advice about providing details after or along with shipping, is totally irrelevant.