Skrill ?

  • martin52

    1802 messaggi

    Svizzera

    Hello all
    I assume some of you also have received an E-mail from Skrill with their new fee structures for 2016.

    First of all: I am NOT a merchant as they named me, but only a private person..
    Looking at their announced fees, I stumbled across the following line:

    (Citation)
    *If your monthly transaction charges (percentage fees + per transaction fees) are less than €10, a monthly fee between €0.50 and €10 will be charged to top up to a minimum of €10.

    Does this mean, that they will charge my account with a minimum of € 10 per month in future?
    In this case, my decision is very clear.
    :thumbdown:
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Regno Unito

    Hello all
    I assume some of you also have received an E-mail from Skrill with their new fee structures for 2016.

    First of all: I am NOT a merchant as they named me, but only a private person..
    Looking at their announced fees, I stumbled across the following line:

    (Citation)
    *If your monthly transaction charges (percentage fees + per transaction fees) are less than €10, a monthly fee between €0.50 and €10 will be charged to top up to a minimum of €10.

    Does this mean, that they will charge my account with a minimum of € 10 per month in future?
    In this case, my decision is very clear.
    :thumbdown:
    • Creato 20 nov 2015 a 13:50
    • #565046
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • martin52

    1802 messaggi

    Svizzera

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 20 nov 2015 a 16:15
    • #565062
    oh oh oh - could be
    :oops:
    I have sent a message to the address provided and got an automatic response.
    Do you think this might cause any damage to my PC data?
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Regno Unito

    oh oh oh - could be
    :oops:
    I have sent a message to the address provided and got an automatic response.
    Do you think this might cause any damage to my PC data?
    • Creato 20 nov 2015 a 16:21
    • #565064
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • martin52

    1802 messaggi

    Svizzera

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 20 nov 2015 a 16:53
    • #565068
    hello again:hello:

    I was not asked to login or use my PW
    BUT
    today I have got a reply to my inquiry made OVER that questionable (?) link provided:
    here is what they wrote - including the original typo errors:

    Dear Martin FAMILY-NAME
    We would like to confirm that this is an official mail which has been sent by us. Please be advsed that the changes in the fee policy will be applied for all our merchant effective from 21st January 2016.

    In addition, we would like to infrom you that If your website is using an eCommerce Solution partnered with Skrill, a minimum monthly fee will be applied to your account provided that the total amount of receive money and per transactions fees you’ve been charged the previous month is below €10.00. The minimum monthly fee amount is a variable and depends on the total of your receive and per transaction fees for the previous month. If the total was €9.50, your fee will be €0.50. The minimum monthly fee will appear in your account as Gateway Usage Fee. A detailed example is provided here ( Link (http) .

    Should you require further assistance or in case further queries arise, please do not hesitate to contact us again

    We kindly ask you to submit your future inquiries directly through our Help Hub: Link (http) . Please do not reply directly to this message as your reply will not reopen your case. As an alternative, please submit a new email message directly to merchantservices@skrill.com .

    Phone: +44 203 308 2520 (Mon-Fri, 8:00 - 17:00 GMT)


    With kind regards,
    Skrill Merchant Services
  • martin52

    1802 messaggi

    Svizzera

    hello again:hello:

    I was not asked to login or use my PW
    BUT
    today I have got a reply to my inquiry made OVER that questionable (?) link provided:
    here is what they wrote - including the original typo errors:

    Dear Martin FAMILY-NAME
    We would like to confirm that this is an official mail which has been sent by us. Please be advsed that the changes in the fee policy will be applied for all our merchant effective from 21st January 2016.

    In addition, we would like to infrom you that If your website is using an eCommerce Solution partnered with Skrill, a minimum monthly fee will be applied to your account provided that the total amount of receive money and per transactions fees you’ve been charged the previous month is below €10.00. The minimum monthly fee amount is a variable and depends on the total of your receive and per transaction fees for the previous month. If the total was €9.50, your fee will be €0.50. The minimum monthly fee will appear in your account as Gateway Usage Fee. A detailed example is provided here ( Link (http) .

    Should you require further assistance or in case further queries arise, please do not hesitate to contact us again

    We kindly ask you to submit your future inquiries directly through our Help Hub: Link (http) . Please do not reply directly to this message as your reply will not reopen your case. As an alternative, please submit a new email message directly to merchantservices@skrill.com .

    Phone: +44 203 308 2520 (Mon-Fri, 8:00 - 17:00 GMT)


    With kind regards,
    Skrill Merchant Services
    • Creato 23 nov 2015 a 11:20
    • #565398
    I would suggest NOT to use the links, until their authenticy is confirmed
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Regno Unito

    I would suggest NOT to use the links, until their authenticy is confirmed
    • Creato 23 nov 2015 a 11:22
    • #565399
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Regno Unito

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 23 nov 2015 a 18:05
    • #565439
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • sammlerkalle

    881 messaggi

    Germania

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 23 nov 2015 a 18:05
    • #565439
    I have asked directly at security@skrill.com without clicking or using the links in the email. They answered in the same way: "We would like to confirm that this is an official mail which has been sent by us. Please be advsed that the changes in the fee policy will be applied for all our merchant effective from 21st January 2016 unless you object and notify us that you wish to terminate your Merchant Account."
  • martin52

    1802 messaggi

    Svizzera

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 23 nov 2015 a 18:05
    • #565439
    I also asked Skrill in direct and now wait their answer......thanks for your advice.
  • 123ugis

    180 messaggi

    Lettonia

    I also asked Skrill in direct and now wait their answer......thanks for your advice.
    • Creato 24 nov 2015 a 11:13
    • #565501
    As I understood from French forum, someone have already received direct confirmation of this mail. Anyway, I decided to close my Skrill account, because it is insignificant in my deals and luckily my balance at the moment is 0.00. Even if there is not real treat of such dramatic changes in their fees policy, their communication always were very poor and there are not any possibility to get clear and full information from them neither by mail, neither in their site, and I'm tired constantly to bother should I keep or close their account.
  • martin52

    1802 messaggi

    Svizzera

    As I understood from French forum, someone have already received direct confirmation of this mail. Anyway, I decided to close my Skrill account, because it is insignificant in my deals and luckily my balance at the moment is 0.00. Even if there is not real treat of such dramatic changes in their fees policy, their communication always were very poor and there are not any possibility to get clear and full information from them neither by mail, neither in their site, and I'm tired constantly to bother should I keep or close their account.
    • Creato 25 nov 2015 a 00:53
    • #565546
    it seems to be "official" now, that said DEAR VALUED MERCHANT mail was in genuine from Skrill itself. My request over their help-hup was answered as follows:

    (citation)
    Dear Martin myfamilyname
    Thank you for your e-mail.

    Herewith we would like to confirm that this is an official e-mail from Skrill. Please find attached the fee schedule.

    We would like to kindly ask you to provide us with your reply within the next 48 hours, otherwise this case will be considered as resolved. In case any future inquiries arise, please submit them directly through our Help Hub: Link (http) or send us a new email message directly to merchantservices@skrill.com .

    Phone: +44 203 308 2520 (Mon-Fri, 8:00 - 17:00 GMT)

    With kind regards,
    Skrill Merchant Services

    Being a "private person" myself, I finally asked if this monthly minimum-fee of € 10 does also apply on me, and this was also confirmed.

    No doubt what I am gonna do next, if Delcampe does not find a global solution with Skrill.

    What a SHAME for a company that wants to be taken serious, that their communication looks like a Phishing-Mail, with various typo-errors.
    :thumbdown:
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Regno Unito

    it seems to be "official" now, that said DEAR VALUED MERCHANT mail was in genuine from Skrill itself. My request over their help-hup was answered as follows:

    (citation)
    Dear Martin myfamilyname
    Thank you for your e-mail.

    Herewith we would like to confirm that this is an official e-mail from Skrill. Please find attached the fee schedule.

    We would like to kindly ask you to provide us with your reply within the next 48 hours, otherwise this case will be considered as resolved. In case any future inquiries arise, please submit them directly through our Help Hub: Link (http) or send us a new email message directly to merchantservices@skrill.com .

    Phone: +44 203 308 2520 (Mon-Fri, 8:00 - 17:00 GMT)

    With kind regards,
    Skrill Merchant Services

    Being a "private person" myself, I finally asked if this monthly minimum-fee of € 10 does also apply on me, and this was also confirmed.

    No doubt what I am gonna do next, if Delcampe does not find a global solution with Skrill.

    What a SHAME for a company that wants to be taken serious, that their communication looks like a Phishing-Mail, with various typo-errors.
    :thumbdown:
    • Creato 25 nov 2015 a 06:57
    • #565576
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • wycombe1

    1956 messaggi

    Regno Unito

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 25 nov 2015 a 07:32
    • #565579
    I have two Skrill accounts - one for Delcampe and one for a web site I run attached to two different bank accounts.

    For either account I have not received any email yet regarding any increase or changes in their fee structure. Both accounts have been emptied and stand at zero whilst I await clarification from them. Over this I am not holding my breath as Skrill customer service is the worst I have ever come across.

    Over the last year my Skrill receipts have been steadily declining so I will lose no sleep if I have to close them as it has become a bit of a hassle keeping track of the small amounts that now get paid into either account.

    A great shame really as Skrill/Moneybookers had the potential of offering a real challenge to the dominance of Paypal. Instead they are a very poor second best now due to their non existent communication skills and their seemingly total inability to keep their customers properly informed of any changes and their reasoning why such changes are needed. Type Skrill into Google and one gets pages of horror stories about their appalling and cavalier attitude to their customers. Those who have challenged them over their poor service using the UK regulatory bodies have invariably had their complaints upheld.

    I would not be at all surprised to see the demise of Skrill in the near future or the sale of the enterprise at a knock down price to someone else.
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Regno Unito

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 25 nov 2015 a 07:32
    • #565579
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Regno Unito

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 26 nov 2015 a 06:28
    • #565698
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Regno Unito

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 26 nov 2015 a 06:28
    • #565698
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • wycombe1

    1956 messaggi

    Regno Unito

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 26 nov 2015 a 14:18
    • #565777
    Well I've finally got shot of Skrill. Their total lack of customer care (at least in my case) where they can never seem to respond to the query/problem I inquire about finally galvanised me to ask myself why I put up with it?

    All my accounts with them are now closed and it will take a great improvement in their reputation before I would ever consider opening another account with them.
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Regno Unito

    Well I've finally got shot of Skrill. Their total lack of customer care (at least in my case) where they can never seem to respond to the query/problem I inquire about finally galvanised me to ask myself why I put up with it?

    All my accounts with them are now closed and it will take a great improvement in their reputation before I would ever consider opening another account with them.
    • Creato 28 nov 2015 a 09:59
    • #565942
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Regno Unito

    Well I've finally got shot of Skrill. Their total lack of customer care (at least in my case) where they can never seem to respond to the query/problem I inquire about finally galvanised me to ask myself why I put up with it?

    All my accounts with them are now closed and it will take a great improvement in their reputation before I would ever consider opening another account with them.
    • Creato 28 nov 2015 a 09:59
    • #565942
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • martin52

    1802 messaggi

    Svizzera

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 28 nov 2015 a 18:25
    • #565979
    as it seems to me, these guys must be completely NUTS :crazy:

    this is what I have got today:

    Herewith we would like to confirm that your Skrill Account was deactivated. Please withdraw your funds and after that the Account will be closed automatically.

    on my complaint, that I want to close it by the end of year (not before) this followed:

    Thank you for the explanation!

    We would like to apologies for the caused inconvenience and would like to inform you that we are not able to reactivate your Skrill account. You hava to withdraw the available funds and the account will be closed automatically.


    ....I can only shake my head :no:
  • martin52

    1802 messaggi

    Svizzera

    as it seems to me, these guys must be completely NUTS :crazy:

    this is what I have got today:

    Herewith we would like to confirm that your Skrill Account was deactivated. Please withdraw your funds and after that the Account will be closed automatically.

    on my complaint, that I want to close it by the end of year (not before) this followed:

    Thank you for the explanation!

    We would like to apologies for the caused inconvenience and would like to inform you that we are not able to reactivate your Skrill account. You hava to withdraw the available funds and the account will be closed automatically.


    ....I can only shake my head :no:
    • Creato 2 dic 2015 a 10:27
    • #566339
    Now it's "official" as communicated by Delcampe-Mail of today:

    Skrill asks from every "merchant" (whoever that might be) a minimum monthly fee of 10 Euro, no matter how low the effective fees have been.

    I am not that ill
    to pay their bill
    so I better kill
    my option Skrill

    :p
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Regno Unito

    Now it's "official" as communicated by Delcampe-Mail of today:

    Skrill asks from every "merchant" (whoever that might be) a minimum monthly fee of 10 Euro, no matter how low the effective fees have been.

    I am not that ill
    to pay their bill
    so I better kill
    my option Skrill

    :p
    • Creato 14 gen 2016 a 05:16
    • #571388
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).