Scanner Colours

  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Portogallo

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Regno Unito

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 23 lug 2014 a 11:19
    • #512005
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Portogallo

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 23 lug 2014 a 14:14
    • #512016
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Regno Unito

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 23 lug 2014 a 14:16
    • #512017
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Portogallo

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 23 lug 2014 a 14:20
    • #512019
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • wycombe1

    1959 messaggi

    Regno Unito

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 23 lug 2014 a 14:29
    • #512020
    You can get a cheap scanner on the opposition site who shall remain nameless quite cheaply second hand.

    The one I use is a flat bed Xerox 2400 which allows me to scan up to 6 items at one time. Though with Postcards you would only be able to do 2 at a time.

    As they are so cheap 2nd hand (around a tenner) I have three. They last for a fair old while - the last one gave up the ghost after over 200,000 scans when the lamp went. Too much faffing around to replace it myself and too costly to get a repair place to do it. Far simpler just to get another. Scans from 100 dpi to 1200 dpi and is very simple to use. But a word of warning I use windows XP and am not sure it will work with later operating systems (you can check on the Xerox web site and if the drivers exist for other systems it is a simple matter to download them).

    As you are in France have a search on the opposition French site and see what is available.
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Regno Unito

    You can get a cheap scanner on the opposition site who shall remain nameless quite cheaply second hand.

    The one I use is a flat bed Xerox 2400 which allows me to scan up to 6 items at one time. Though with Postcards you would only be able to do 2 at a time.

    As they are so cheap 2nd hand (around a tenner) I have three. They last for a fair old while - the last one gave up the ghost after over 200,000 scans when the lamp went. Too much faffing around to replace it myself and too costly to get a repair place to do it. Far simpler just to get another. Scans from 100 dpi to 1200 dpi and is very simple to use. But a word of warning I use windows XP and am not sure it will work with later operating systems (you can check on the Xerox web site and if the drivers exist for other systems it is a simple matter to download them).

    As you are in France have a search on the opposition French site and see what is available.
    • Creato 23 lug 2014 a 15:12
    • #512022
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • postcarddepot

    238 messaggi

    Stati Uniti

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 23 lug 2014 a 11:19
    • #512005
    Before considering replacing the scanner, check whether you need to recalibrate the scanner. On mine, the pink tinge is an indicator I need to find the calibration function that is "hidden" somewhere within the scanner software's menu. It resets or recalibrates the colors and the white background (on the scanner lid) returns and colors on image are truer again.

    That said, there is a time when these things burn out - after 50-100,000 scans...?
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Portogallo

    Before considering replacing the scanner, check whether you need to recalibrate the scanner. On mine, the pink tinge is an indicator I need to find the calibration function that is "hidden" somewhere within the scanner software's menu. It resets or recalibrates the colors and the white background (on the scanner lid) returns and colors on image are truer again.

    That said, there is a time when these things burn out - after 50-100,000 scans...?
    • Creato 28 lug 2014 a 09:41
    • #512402
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Regno Unito

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 31 lug 2014 a 03:36
    • #512712
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Portogallo

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 31 lug 2014 a 06:51
    • #512735
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Portogallo

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 31 lug 2014 a 06:57
    • #512736
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Portogallo

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 31 lug 2014 a 07:03
    • #512737
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • postcarddepot

    238 messaggi

    Stati Uniti

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 31 lug 2014 a 07:20
    • #512740
    And I thought it was just my tired old eyes that couldn't see a difference!

    Re calibration of scanner - check your software's help tab or check for an online copy of the manual. Search for "calibration". It really has made a difference to scanning quality of the scanner I use. I have 3-4 of the same model scattered around various work spaces at home & office. If they've been left idle for periods of time, I get the pink tinge. Push a button, calibration done in 30 secs, and all's good. I recalibrate the main machine I use whenever I remember - every few months. It may be the calibration function is specific to the make & model I have. But it's worth a try, based on improvements I saw.
  • tris_nerima

    473 messaggi

    Canada

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 31 lug 2014 a 07:03
    • #512737
    Your scanner's bulb is probably not lighting properly.If your scanner is more than 3 years old,it probably needs a new light.Bulbs don't last forever.
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Portogallo

    Your scanner's bulb is probably not lighting properly.If your scanner is more than 3 years old,it probably needs a new light.Bulbs don't last forever.
    • Creato 31 lug 2014 a 12:28
    • #512777
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
  • xtf70

    1490 messaggi

    Regno Unito

    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).
    • Creato 31 lug 2014 a 12:34
    • #512779
    My scanner/copier/printer (Epson SX105) started playing up as the scan head became misaligned and needed replacing - something I could have done myself quite easily except I couldn't get a replacement head so....
    New scanner/copier/printer (SX210) because it took the same ink cartridges (yes, I'm a cheapskate!) and cost about £65 - yes, that's all!

    Moral: is it worth faffing around when you can upgrade almost like for like at such a reasonable price? Also, I kept the old machine so my OH can print from her laptop without having to change connections to the new one
  • Account eliminato
    Account eliminato

    0 messaggi

    Portogallo

    My scanner/copier/printer (Epson SX105) started playing up as the scan head became misaligned and needed replacing - something I could have done myself quite easily except I couldn't get a replacement head so....
    New scanner/copier/printer (SX210) because it took the same ink cartridges (yes, I'm a cheapskate!) and cost about £65 - yes, that's all!

    Moral: is it worth faffing around when you can upgrade almost like for like at such a reasonable price? Also, I kept the old machine so my OH can print from her laptop without having to change connections to the new one
    • Creato 31 lug 2014 a 13:15
    • #512784
    Le informazioni non sono più disponibili perché l'account di questo utente è stato eliminato (Regolamento RGPD).