Increasing problems with "cash-payers"

  • robbydutch

    138 messages

    Pays-Bas

    Hi everyone,

    I have a problem with "cash-payers" and I wonder if I'm the only one with this problem. :coffee:
    I get the impression that more and more non-payers say that they will send the money in cash as to avoid a negative feedback for non paying!
    Especially French and Italian buyers who won't use PayPal, Moneybookers or bank transaction seem to use this "trick". :coffee:
    Of course I can't prove it and of course it's possible that the money gets lost in the mail, but I think it happens too often lately. It's getting more a rule, than an exception (4 times in the last 2 months).
    I always tell my buyers that sending cash money is their own risk and that I prefer to get the money by PayPal, Moneybookers or bank transfer, but their reaction is always the same: cash is easy!
    Is this just me or are there any other Delcampe members who have the same experience?
    And also important: what can we do about it?
    If you don't accept cash, it will cost you buyers.
    So I think I'll warn them in advance that I will give negative feedback instead of neutral, if the money doesn't arrive. Perhaps that will scare them off.
    Any other ideas??????????? :help:
  • Compte supprimé
    Compte supprimé

    0 message

    États-Unis

    Hi everyone,

    I have a problem with "cash-payers" and I wonder if I'm the only one with this problem. :coffee:
    I get the impression that more and more non-payers say that they will send the money in cash as to avoid a negative feedback for non paying!
    Especially French and Italian buyers who won't use PayPal, Moneybookers or bank transaction seem to use this "trick". :coffee:
    Of course I can't prove it and of course it's possible that the money gets lost in the mail, but I think it happens too often lately. It's getting more a rule, than an exception (4 times in the last 2 months).
    I always tell my buyers that sending cash money is their own risk and that I prefer to get the money by PayPal, Moneybookers or bank transfer, but their reaction is always the same: cash is easy!
    Is this just me or are there any other Delcampe members who have the same experience?
    And also important: what can we do about it?
    If you don't accept cash, it will cost you buyers.
    So I think I'll warn them in advance that I will give negative feedback instead of neutral, if the money doesn't arrive. Perhaps that will scare them off.
    Any other ideas??????????? :help:
    • Posté le 1 mai 2009 à 13:38
    • #242506
    Les informations ne sont plus disponibles car le compte de cet utilisateur est supprimé (Règlement RGPD)
  • robbydutch

    138 messages

    Pays-Bas

    Les informations ne sont plus disponibles car le compte de cet utilisateur est supprimé (Règlement RGPD)
    • Posté le 1 mai 2009 à 20:17
    • #242525
    Hi Cajun,

    You are right of course, but most buyers think it's too expensive to send the money registered, so they just "hide" it in a normal letter.
    Besides I don't think I can tell them what to do. I can give them some friendly advise and that's it!

    :znaika:
  • Compte supprimé
    Compte supprimé

    0 message

    Royaume-Uni

    Hi Cajun,

    You are right of course, but most buyers think it's too expensive to send the money registered, so they just "hide" it in a normal letter.
    Besides I don't think I can tell them what to do. I can give them some friendly advise and that's it!

    :znaika:
    • Posté le 2 mai 2009 à 03:40
    • #242537
    Les informations ne sont plus disponibles car le compte de cet utilisateur est supprimé (Règlement RGPD)
  • robbydutch

    138 messages

    Pays-Bas

    Les informations ne sont plus disponibles car le compte de cet utilisateur est supprimé (Règlement RGPD)
    • Posté le 2 mai 2009 à 04:06
    • #242538
    Hi Clanstamp,

    Unfortunately we don't have this (free) option here. I don't know about France or Italy.
    There's quite a difference in price between a "normal" letter and a registered one. That's the main reason that buyers don't want to send their money registered. I even think that officially it isn't allowed by the mail company to send cash money. So it's always the buyers risk if the money is delivered or not. There's no insurance! :dunno::oops:
  • Compte supprimé
    Compte supprimé

    0 message

    Royaume-Uni

    Les informations ne sont plus disponibles car le compte de cet utilisateur est supprimé (Règlement RGPD)
    • Posté le 2 mai 2009 à 04:06
    • #242538
    Les informations ne sont plus disponibles car le compte de cet utilisateur est supprimé (Règlement RGPD)
  • Compte supprimé
    Compte supprimé

    0 message

    Royaume-Uni

    Hi Clanstamp,

    Unfortunately we don't have this (free) option here. I don't know about France or Italy.
    There's quite a difference in price between a "normal" letter and a registered one. That's the main reason that buyers don't want to send their money registered. I even think that officially it isn't allowed by the mail company to send cash money. So it's always the buyers risk if the money is delivered or not. There's no insurance! :dunno::oops:
    • Posté le 2 mai 2009 à 07:50
    • #242552
    Les informations ne sont plus disponibles car le compte de cet utilisateur est supprimé (Règlement RGPD)
  • robbydutch

    138 messages

    Pays-Bas

    Les informations ne sont plus disponibles car le compte de cet utilisateur est supprimé (Règlement RGPD)
    • Posté le 5 mai 2009 à 18:15
    • #242932
    Hi Mainlypostcards,

    I wish you were right,

    But unfortunately there are still dozens of (mainly) French and Italian buyers who don't want to use PayPal, Moneybookers or bank transfer. Their number 1 option is still a cheque, but it's way too expensive to cash a foreign cheque, so I won't accept that. So the only possibility left is cash.
    I'm not happy with that either, but refuse cash means refuse buyers! It's that simple!
  • gillet29

    808 messages

    Canada

    Hi Mainlypostcards,

    I wish you were right,

    But unfortunately there are still dozens of (mainly) French and Italian buyers who don't want to use PayPal, Moneybookers or bank transfer. Their number 1 option is still a cheque, but it's way too expensive to cash a foreign cheque, so I won't accept that. So the only possibility left is cash.
    I'm not happy with that either, but refuse cash means refuse buyers! It's that simple!
    • Posté le 6 mai 2009 à 09:59
    • #242992
    Hi Delcampe dealer,

    (sorry but my english may have little problem's, not enough practice in Quebec !

    I look at your store and I didn't see mention that the buyer as 15 days to pay you or you will put back the buy back in sale.!!!!!!!!

    Me ,I do it and it help a lot . Most of the time when I put back to sale somebody buy it readeway because it is consider as a new post.

    Hope it help you
    Regard's and have a nice day

    Gillet29
    :redwine::beer::whitewine:
  • robbydutch

    138 messages

    Pays-Bas

    Hi Delcampe dealer,

    (sorry but my english may have little problem's, not enough practice in Quebec !

    I look at your store and I didn't see mention that the buyer as 15 days to pay you or you will put back the buy back in sale.!!!!!!!!

    Me ,I do it and it help a lot . Most of the time when I put back to sale somebody buy it readeway because it is consider as a new post.

    Hope it help you
    Regard's and have a nice day

    Gillet29
    :redwine::beer::whitewine:
    • Posté le 6 mai 2009 à 11:36
    • #243008
    Thanks for your contribution, but I don't see what this has to do with cash payment???
  • gillet29

    808 messages

    Canada

    Thanks for your contribution, but I don't see what this has to do with cash payment???
    • Posté le 6 mai 2009 à 12:35
    • #243015
    yes it does, because you wait only 15 days for the payment paypal & moneybookers don't take 15 days to come BUT cash may be ! So with or without pomise after 15 days you close the deal !

    Gillet29