picture programmes for delcmpe stamp listings

  • dellfrog

    41 messages

    Royaume-Uni

    HI All
    Im looking for a program for scanning and cropping scans for listing on delcampe.
    My old livepix version was brilliant but windows 8.1 will not load it even when I use the compatibility settings, Does anyone have a simple free program that does this.I tried picasa but its a hard slog.
    kind regards
    dellfrog
  • Compte supprimé
    Compte supprimé

    0 message

    Royaume-Uni

    HI All
    Im looking for a program for scanning and cropping scans for listing on delcampe.
    My old livepix version was brilliant but windows 8.1 will not load it even when I use the compatibility settings, Does anyone have a simple free program that does this.I tried picasa but its a hard slog.
    kind regards
    dellfrog
    • Posté le 26 avr. 2014 à 02:44
    • #497389
    Les informations ne sont plus disponibles car le compte de cet utilisateur est supprimé (Règlement RGPD)
  • dellfrog

    41 messages

    Royaume-Uni

    Les informations ne sont plus disponibles car le compte de cet utilisateur est supprimé (Règlement RGPD)
    • Posté le 26 avr. 2014 à 04:01
    • #497394
    Thanks I will try them
    kind regards
    dellfrog
  • lochinvar

    18 messages

    Australie

    HI All
    Im looking for a program for scanning and cropping scans for listing on delcampe.
    My old livepix version was brilliant but windows 8.1 will not load it even when I use the compatibility settings, Does anyone have a simple free program that does this.I tried picasa but its a hard slog.
    kind regards
    dellfrog
    • Posté le 26 avr. 2014 à 02:44
    • #497389
    Hi Dellfrog, i just always buy a Canon scanner and the software it comes with is ideal, have tried others but throw them away and go back to Canon, maybe if you asked around your friends and see if anybody has one you could take a look at it and judge for yourself, regards lochinvar
  • richnoddystamps

    232 messages

    Royaume-Uni

    HI All
    Im looking for a program for scanning and cropping scans for listing on delcampe.
    My old livepix version was brilliant but windows 8.1 will not load it even when I use the compatibility settings, Does anyone have a simple free program that does this.I tried picasa but its a hard slog.
    kind regards
    dellfrog
    • Posté le 26 avr. 2014 à 02:44
    • #497389
    I can highly recommend ezimage. It allows automatic cropping, so when scanning a stock sheet of, say, 30 stamps, 1 click separates all in one go!
  • dellfrog

    41 messages

    Royaume-Uni

    I can highly recommend ezimage. It allows automatic cropping, so when scanning a stock sheet of, say, 30 stamps, 1 click separates all in one go!
    • Posté le 2 août 2014 à 14:24
    • #513014
    many thanks - ill try it
    kind regards
    edellfrog
  • oceania

    137 messages

    Nouvelle-Zélande

    HI All
    Im looking for a program for scanning and cropping scans for listing on delcampe.
    My old livepix version was brilliant but windows 8.1 will not load it even when I use the compatibility settings, Does anyone have a simple free program that does this.I tried picasa but its a hard slog.
    kind regards
    dellfrog
    • Posté le 26 avr. 2014 à 02:44
    • #497389
    Hi,

    I use the crop function in the scanner. So you use zoom to blow up the preview and then crop the stamp (always use a black card behind the stamp). You'll have to lay that over the stamps before you close the lid. Now, scan the stamp and you have a jpg that is cropped.I use 400dpi for all my stamps with unsharp mask turned on in the scanner. To make it a thumbnail I use EzThumbs that you can download for free. Make a single about 115kbs. Pairs 140kbs, covers 200kbs and so on.Set the sharpness in EZThumbs to about 72. I good viewer is FSviewer (Fastone). Hope some of this helps.


    Geoff
  • dellfrog

    41 messages

    Royaume-Uni

    Hi,

    I use the crop function in the scanner. So you use zoom to blow up the preview and then crop the stamp (always use a black card behind the stamp). You'll have to lay that over the stamps before you close the lid. Now, scan the stamp and you have a jpg that is cropped.I use 400dpi for all my stamps with unsharp mask turned on in the scanner. To make it a thumbnail I use EzThumbs that you can download for free. Make a single about 115kbs. Pairs 140kbs, covers 200kbs and so on.Set the sharpness in EZThumbs to about 72. I good viewer is FSviewer (Fastone). Hope some of this helps.


    Geoff
    • Posté le 3 août 2014 à 17:42
    • #513085
    many thanks for your advice - greatly appreciated
    kind regards
    derek- dellfrog