British Regional Counties

• xtf70

1490 messages

United Kingdom

I have noticed that one or two counties for Wales are not available (e.g. Brecnockshire and Radnorshire, etc.), likewise Northern Ireland (6 counties) and also the Irish Republic. Would it be possible to create these categories (I can supply a list if required) for these countries so they are complete like England and Scotland.
    It would be useful also to remove the town/other categories from many of the English counties as in many cases the named town is of little size or importance relative to the rest of the county (for example, Scarborough is a minor seaside town in Yorkshire, but has its own category whereas large cities such as Leeds or Sheffield come under 'Other'). A little rationalisation goes a long way!
  • Account deleted
    Account deleted

0 messages

United Kingdom

I have noticed that one or two counties for Wales are not available (e.g. Brecnockshire and Radnorshire, etc.), likewise Northern Ireland (6 counties) and also the Irish Republic. Would it be possible to create these categories (I can supply a list if required) for these countries so they are complete like England and Scotland.
    It would be useful also to remove the town/other categories from many of the English counties as in many cases the named town is of little size or importance relative to the rest of the county (for example, Scarborough is a minor seaside town in Yorkshire, but has its own category whereas large cities such as Leeds or Sheffield come under 'Other'). A little rationalisation goes a long way!
    • Created on Aug 14, 2007 at 5:00 PM
    This information is no longer available because the user’s account has been deleted (GDPR)
  • xtf70

1490 messages

United Kingdom

This information is no longer available because the user’s account has been deleted (GDPR)
    • Created on Oct 2, 2007 at 10:50 PM
    A good point, and one which is not easily overcome; however, since the majority of postcards are of 'vintage' nature and pre-date the re-organization I think the categories should reflect the counties as they were.

Join the collectors community

Register Login