Notification Seller_Payment_Received

• sammlerkalle

676 Beiträge

Deutschland

Hello,
    With this notification I ask for a change in the payment amount. When making a purchase, the customer pays, for example, 1 euro for the goods, plus 1 euro for shipping and 40 cents in purchase fees. The amount we receive in the notification is 2.40 euros. If the customer pays via Mangopay, that is wrong because we only receive 2 euros. You can also see this in the payment overview on the website. The 40 cents will not be passed on to us, but will remain directly with Delcampe. Therefore, of course, they must not be included in the amount handed over by the notification. Only then can we automatically check whether the correct amount has been paid for an order. The change can only be made with Mangopay, because with PayPal the Delcampe fee goes to us first and is only then collected by Delcampe. The problem is known and of course has to be solved. It's also a topic in the API forum. Only when this solution has been implemented will the notification amount also be lower for PayPal payments, only now for Mangopay. We're already juggling different numbers everywhere, so when it comes to avoidable issues like a Mangopay payment, we shouldn't also report numbers that don't concern us.
  • sammlerkalle

676 Beiträge

Deutschland

15 days have now passed, so half a month. Nothing has happened, I haven't even received an answer yet. The error simply continues to exist.

I work with an API so I can automate processes. This also includes comparing whether an amount paid corresponds to the invoice amount. But that doesn't work if you send me the wrong amount because it contains things that I have nothing to do with.

I sell in six places and nowhere are the API and service so bad. Errors are not repaired and inquiries are not responded to. You can constantly read about errors that others have reported. I often had this error, even if I didn't participate in the forum. It usually takes several days until the error is repaired.

They force sellers to accept a new payment method. Despite an early request, you will only provide the necessary notification after 2 (!) months.

I wonder if you actually think that this will be worth almost 250 euros a year to me in the future. Maybe you really think that, but I don't think so. If service, quality and error handling do not improve significantly, I will not book an API subscription. And without an API, I won't post any more articles here.
  • ak-lexikon

37 Beiträge

Deutschland

Now they have a new field "seller_amount" in the callback. i think this is a good solution to send both.

stdClass Object
    (
    [Notification_Datetime] => 2024-04-29T04:11:41+00:00
    [Notification_Type] => Seller_Payment_Received
    [Notification_Data] => stdClass Object
    (
    [id_bill] => XXXX
    [total_amount] => 14,41 €
    [seller_amount] => 12,63 €
  • Servitel

202 Beiträge

Schweiz

Now they have a new field "seller_amount" in the callback. i think this is a good solution to send both.

stdClass Object
    (
    (
    [id_bill] => XXXX
    • Erstellt am 29.04.2024 um 06:12
    the absurd thing is that it is the customers WHO PAY for the API who discover the additions.
  • sammlerkalle

676 Beiträge

Deutschland

the absurd thing is that it is the customers WHO PAY for the API who discover the additions.
    • Erstellt am 29.04.2024 um 06:14
    Yes its ashamig.
  • Servitel

202 Beiträge

Schweiz

stdClass Object
    (
    (
    [id_bill] => XXXX
    • Erstellt am 29.04.2024 um 06:12
    Just to be precise, one amount is wrong

14,41 - 0,30 - 10% is 12,82
    12,63 + 10% + 0,30 is 14,16

Or the total amount include PayPal commission ?
  • sammlerkalle

676 Beiträge

Deutschland

Just to be precise, one amount is wrong

14,41 - 0,30 - 10% is 12,82
    12,63 + 10% + 0,30 is 14,16

Or the total amount include PayPal commission ?
    • Erstellt am 30.04.2024 um 01:26
    This doesn't have to be a mistake, because the fee is not always 10% and 30 cents. For example, if the buyer has a commercial account and a sales tax ID, for German buyers it is 8.4% and 25 cents. So he doesn't have to pay the sales tax to Delcampe, but later ensures that he pays it to his home tax office. And for buyers from Switzerland, as far as I know, it's not 30 cents, but 33 rappen. For other currencies (dollars, pounds, etc.) there will be other amounts and there will also be currency fluctuations. Since we don't know the specific constellation here, we can't tell whether the amount is correct. But it can be said that it is confusing and almost incomprehensible.
  • @kevin
    Administrator

92 Beiträge

Belgien

Hello Servitel,

The detail's amount of the invoice is available in “My sold items” section by clicking on the invoice you want to see (see attached image).

Details: 11.78 + 0.85 (delivery fees) = 12.63
    Commission fee: (11.78 * 10%) + 2 (items) x 0.30 = 1.78
    Total: 14.41

Best regards,
    --
    Kevin
    Delcampe Team
  • Servitel

202 Beiträge

Schweiz

Hello Servitel,

The detail's amount of the invoice is available in “My sold items” section by clicking on the invoice you want to see (see attached image).

Best regards,
    --
    Kevin
    Delcampe Team
    • Erstellt am 02.05.2024 um 10:32
    I'm a developer and I CANNOT access to the clients account :smash:

Peraphs it's possible to split the field seller_amount in 2 fields containing one the amount for all items buyed and the second the shipping cost ?

Otherwise it's impossible by API to check if the buyer have payed the full amount or not

Thanks
  • sammlerkalle

676 Beiträge

Deutschland

Hello Servitel,

Best regards,
    --
    Kevin
    Delcampe Team
    • Erstellt am 02.05.2024 um 10:32
    Why do you suggest a manual editing variant in an API forum? Is this an admission that we can't or shouldn't use the API to verify a payment? Or do you just want to save yourself some work? And that for 240 euros a year?

Werden Sie Mitglied der Sammler-Community!

Anmelden Einloggen