Some Light please

  • maghu

    95 berichten

    India

    3v British South Africa Co.,

    Is this all Fiscal Used?

    I find the £10 Value is valuable.

    How best to list in Catagory in Delcampe?
  • wycombe1

    1956 berichten

    Verenigd Koninkrijk

    3v British South Africa Co.,

    Is this all Fiscal Used?

    I find the £10 Value is valuable.

    How best to list in Catagory in Delcampe?
    • Aangemaakt 27 nov 2014 op 01:43
    • #526697
    The £10 is a revenue stamp. You can see this on the cancel where most of the word revenue can be seen. Postally used these are incredibly rare simply because there was no postal need for these stamps. £10 was an incredible value in those days!

    I believe British South Africa became Rhodesia (though I do stand to be corrected if I'm wrong) and they should be listed there and not under South Africa.
  • maghu

    95 berichten

    India

    The £10 is a revenue stamp. You can see this on the cancel where most of the word revenue can be seen. Postally used these are incredibly rare simply because there was no postal need for these stamps. £10 was an incredible value in those days!

    I believe British South Africa became Rhodesia (though I do stand to be corrected if I'm wrong) and they should be listed there and not under South Africa.
    • Aangemaakt 27 nov 2014 op 03:38
    • #526711
    Thanks for your perspective.

  • hoatzinstamps

    1159 berichten

    Verenigd Koninkrijk

    Thanks for your perspective.

    • Aangemaakt 27 nov 2014 op 04:15
    • #526716
    You still have a the problem of where to list them under Great Britain (former colonies and protectorates)/Rhodesia because there is no BSAC category or period. I list mine under 'unclassified'.

    Alan Catherall
    [Hoatzinstamps]
  • maghu

    95 berichten

    India

    You still have a the problem of where to list them under Great Britain (former colonies and protectorates)/Rhodesia because there is no BSAC category or period. I list mine under 'unclassified'.

    Alan Catherall
    [Hoatzinstamps]
    • Aangemaakt 27 nov 2014 op 06:30
    • #526732
    This two stamps I came across.

    Some feedback from this forum.

    What is this, stamp / revenu / parcel etc.,

    And where can I be referred in Stanley Gibbons.


  • xtf70

    1490 berichten

    Verenigd Koninkrijk

    This two stamps I came across.

    Some feedback from this forum.

    What is this, stamp / revenu / parcel etc.,

    And where can I be referred in Stanley Gibbons.


    • Aangemaakt 9 dec 2014 op 21:14
    • #528476
    The one on the left is Reunion Island so comes under France and Colonies

    It is SG 2
  • xtf70

    1490 berichten

    Verenigd Koninkrijk

    This two stamps I came across.

    Some feedback from this forum.

    What is this, stamp / revenu / parcel etc.,

    And where can I be referred in Stanley Gibbons.


    • Aangemaakt 9 dec 2014 op 21:14
    • #528476
    On the right is the Italian state of Romagna, SG 7
  • maghu

    95 berichten

    India

    On the right is the Italian state of Romagna, SG 7
    • Aangemaakt 10 dec 2014 op 05:45
    • #528517
    Thanks for your help for helping me out.