[D*] The New Payment page

• @miranda
    Administrateur

482 messages

Belgique

Dear Delcampe members,

We have good news for you: today we are launching the first update of the new version of the payment system, which will allow you to easily manage your transactions on our website. This system, which you'll find under the "Payments" tab Lien (https) , is like a virtual wallet where you can see your balance and your current transactions. This update is an important step in enabling us to offer you quality services and meet your needs. We know that change can sometimes be difficult or worrying, but we can assure you that we have done everything possible to ensure that this transition goes smoothly and without disrupting your habits. We'll be there to listen to you and support you throughout the process. This is the first step towards the future, and we will keep you informed of any further improvements.

WHAT’S NEW

From 16 January, every Delcampeur will have a virtual wallet under the 'Payments' tab: Lien (https)

This virtual wallet offers you two payment options:

- PayPal, which you are already familiar with and which, among others, allows you to use your bank card or bank account to pay or receive money. This method is only available if the seller activates it.

- Mangopay (formerly "Delcampe Pay"), which is a completely free payment solution! With MangoPay, you can also use your bank card or other payment methods depending on your country: iDeal, Bancontact, Sofort, etc.

If the buyer prefers to pay for their purchases by bank transfer, you have two options:

- The buyer can add money to their PayPal account by bank transfer. They can then use the amount available on PayPal to pay the seller. The seller will then receive the payment in their PayPal account and the transaction will be visible under the "Payments" tab. This is only possible if the seller has activated PayPal in their payment methods.

- Either the buyer directly adds money to their virtual wallet on Delcampe by bank transfer. Then, they can use the amount available in their virtual wallet to pay the seller. Sellers will then receive the payment in their own virtual wallet.

Services can also be paid to Delcampe via the "Payments" tab using the "Pay" button that will appear at the top right, next to the amount due. As soon as there is a debit in your fee history, you are invited to make a payment of the amount requested. No payment of an amount higher or lower than the amount due is possible.

WHY HAS DELCAMPE MADE THIS CHANGE?

We know that you enjoy buying and selling on Delcampe, and that you want your transactions to be quick, easy and secure. This is why we have decided to change our payment interface to offer you more advantages.
    The new payment interface enables you to view and manage all your transactions in one place. You can easily track the status of your payments. What's more, the new payment interface will enable us in the near future to protect you better in the event of a problem with a purchase or sale. It lays the foundations for purchase protection.
    We understand that change can be difficult, but we're confident you'll enjoy the new payment interface. It is designed to make your experience on Delcampe simpler, safer and more enjoyable. If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO?

- If you want to use PayPal, you have to link your PayPal account to your Delcampe account.

- If you want to use MangoPay, you don't have to do anything! Every Delcampe member automatically has a MangoPay account linked to their Delcampe account.

If you have a positive balance in your "Delcampe fees" or on your (old) Delcampe Pay account, don't worry, it will be automatically transferred to your new balance under the "Payments" tab in the next few days. As there are a lot of operations to carry out, this may take a little time. Please be patient and check your balance regularly.

NEED SOME HELP?

We are aware that this change may take some getting used to, but we are convinced that it will make your transactions on Delcampe easier and more trustworthy.

To help you discover this new feature, we have prepared help articles and a tutorial video on YouTube. We recommend that you start by watching the video.
    Here you will find help articles: Lien (https)

Watch the tutorial: Lien (https)

If you have any questions, our Customer Services team is always ready to help.
  • grahamshanghai

24 messages

Royaume-Uni

Dear Delcampe members,

We have good news for you: today we are launching the first update of the new version of the payment system, which will allow you to easily manage your transactions on our website. This system, which you'll find under the "Payments" tab Lien (https) , is like a virtual wallet where you can see your balance and your current transactions. This update is an important step in enabling us to offer you quality services and meet your needs. We know that change can sometimes be difficult or worrying, but we can assure you that we have done everything possible to ensure that this transition goes smoothly and without disrupting your habits. We'll be there to listen to you and support you throughout the process. This is the first step towards the future, and we will keep you informed of any further improvements.

WHAT’S NEW

From 16 January, every Delcampeur will have a virtual wallet under the 'Payments' tab: Lien (https)

This virtual wallet offers you two payment options:

- PayPal, which you are already familiar with and which, among others, allows you to use your bank card or bank account to pay or receive money. This method is only available if the seller activates it.

- Mangopay (formerly "Delcampe Pay"), which is a completely free payment solution! With MangoPay, you can also use your bank card or other payment methods depending on your country: iDeal, Bancontact, Sofort, etc.

If the buyer prefers to pay for their purchases by bank transfer, you have two options:

- The buyer can add money to their PayPal account by bank transfer. They can then use the amount available on PayPal to pay the seller. The seller will then receive the payment in their PayPal account and the transaction will be visible under the "Payments" tab. This is only possible if the seller has activated PayPal in their payment methods.

- Either the buyer directly adds money to their virtual wallet on Delcampe by bank transfer. Then, they can use the amount available in their virtual wallet to pay the seller. Sellers will then receive the payment in their own virtual wallet.

Services can also be paid to Delcampe via the "Payments" tab using the "Pay" button that will appear at the top right, next to the amount due. As soon as there is a debit in your fee history, you are invited to make a payment of the amount requested. No payment of an amount higher or lower than the amount due is possible.

WHY HAS DELCAMPE MADE THIS CHANGE?

We know that you enjoy buying and selling on Delcampe, and that you want your transactions to be quick, easy and secure. This is why we have decided to change our payment interface to offer you more advantages.
    The new payment interface enables you to view and manage all your transactions in one place. You can easily track the status of your payments. What's more, the new payment interface will enable us in the near future to protect you better in the event of a problem with a purchase or sale. It lays the foundations for purchase protection.
    We understand that change can be difficult, but we're confident you'll enjoy the new payment interface. It is designed to make your experience on Delcampe simpler, safer and more enjoyable. If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO?

- If you want to use PayPal, you have to link your PayPal account to your Delcampe account.

- If you want to use MangoPay, you don't have to do anything! Every Delcampe member automatically has a MangoPay account linked to their Delcampe account.

If you have a positive balance in your "Delcampe fees" or on your (old) Delcampe Pay account, don't worry, it will be automatically transferred to your new balance under the "Payments" tab in the next few days. As there are a lot of operations to carry out, this may take a little time. Please be patient and check your balance regularly.

NEED SOME HELP?

We are aware that this change may take some getting used to, but we are convinced that it will make your transactions on Delcampe easier and more trustworthy.

To help you discover this new feature, we have prepared help articles and a tutorial video on YouTube. We recommend that you start by watching the video.
    Here you will find help articles: Lien (https)

Watch the tutorial: Lien (https)

If you have any questions, our Customer Services team is always ready to help.
    • Posté le 16 janv. 2024 à 04:48
    Thanks for all this.

Does this mean we will not be billed for fees monthly as before, if over £5 ?

Or does Delcampe expect us to make individual payments every time someone buys something from us. as a seller ?

For example, my balance is currently (£2.09). Can I wait until it reaches (£5.00) or do you want payment now ?

I hope not, as this will mean everyone having to make many more small payments ?

Grateful for clarification !
  • @miranda
    Administrateur

482 messages

Belgique

Thanks for all this.

Does this mean we will not be billed for fees monthly as before, if over £5 ?

Or does Delcampe expect us to make individual payments every time someone buys something from us. as a seller ?

For example, my balance is currently (£2.09). Can I wait until it reaches (£5.00) or do you want payment now ?

I hope not, as this will mean everyone having to make many more small payments ?

Grateful for clarification !
    • Posté le 16 janv. 2024 à 05:55
    Hello « grahamshanghai »,

The system now allows our members to send payments inferior to £5.00 to credit their Delcampe fees account: Lien (https)
    This being said, they can wait until they owe us £5.00 to credit their Delcampe fees account. The rule hasn’t changed. However, as the system now allows lower amount transfers, we invite our members to credit their Delcampe fees account as soon as it is in negative.

Hope this clarifies!

Have a great day!
  • grahamshanghai

24 messages

Royaume-Uni

Hello « grahamshanghai »,

The system now allows our members to send payments inferior to £5.00 to credit their Delcampe fees account: Lien (https)
    This being said, they can wait until they owe us £5.00 to credit their Delcampe fees account. The rule hasn’t changed. However, as the system now allows lower amount transfers, we invite our members to credit their Delcampe fees account as soon as it is in negative.

Hope this clarifies!

Have a great day!
    • Posté le 16 janv. 2024 à 06:08
    Thanks, that's understood. I understand the benefit to Delcampe's cash flow, but being asked to make small payments of (usually) under £1 every time I have a sale really is an unrealistic expectation. For sellers with many sales daily it will be even more unreasonable.

I will probably wait until it reaches at least (£5.00) as before.
  • stevehillstamps

163 messages

Royaume-Uni

Just had a look at the new page, and unfortunately as I feared it will not work for sellers who need to balance their sales and account balances for tax puposes - I need a transaction statement for Mangopay. This needs to show gross income.

For each financial account I hold I need a statement from the provider showing transactions which have taken place on that account so that it can be balanced and checked by the accountant (and ultimately the tax authorities). Also for each sale, I need to have a transaction line showing gross income - the fees can be shown as a deduction. For tax purposes in the UK you need to declare gross income, then deduct the business expenses explicitly.

The previous delcampe pay screen, while not perfect at least allowed you to print a PDF monthly/annually with gross amounts and all transaction fees showing (after you manually clicked on the + icon to show each transaction's details). This could then be checked by an accountant against my delcampe Pay account in my accounting software (into which I was entering transactions manually as there us no CSV file - unlike Paypal).

The new screen does not allow you to filter out the paypal transactions (which are a separate 'account' in my accounting software') and irrelavent for balancing the Mangopay account.

There is also no option to show transaction fees/international fees on the main screen as previously, these are shown as a popup, which would require printing individually to report to the accountant.

Please can an urgent change request be made to create proper financial statements/reports for our mangopay account be made.

If this is not possible, at mimimum please add a filter to remove paypal transactions from the screen and add summary details including gross income and fees to each transaction as it was previously. It was really clunky but at least you could print a screen with all information needed for tax purposes.
  • 4margins

123 messages

Royaume-Uni

As a buyer I am not happy with this. Why, when I want to make a straightforward IBAN Transfer from my account to the Seller's account, do I now have to go through a third party in Mangopay where we are told transfers can take up to 14 days! What is the point of this. Who is skimming commission off the top of all these transactions? This doesn't smell right.
  • ontheridgestamps
    As a seller, I do appreciate seeing all payments in one place now. However, I also need to track & report separately on payments, based on the payment method. An additional filter by payment method on the Payments History page would be a good start to support that.

Also concerned about the inconvenience for those customers who who pay for their purchases by bank transfer. While not a large percentage of my buyers, the new method will certainly be more cumbersome for them.

Regards, Greg
  • @miranda
    Administrateur

482 messages

Belgique

As a buyer I am not happy with this. Why, when I want to make a straightforward IBAN Transfer from my account to the Seller's account, do I now have to go through a third party in Mangopay where we are told transfers can take up to 14 days! What is the point of this. Who is skimming commission off the top of all these transactions? This doesn't smell right.
    • Posté le 16 janv. 2024 à 06:57
    Hi "4margins",

We understand your preference for transfers directly to your sellers which was indeed a payment option we previously offered.

However, we have changed our payment system for technical and regulatory reasons, and have chosen Paypal and Mangopay as our partners.

These solutions offer many advantages, such as ease of use, security, speed and transparency. All you have to do is top up your balance with a deposit, and you can instantly pay for all your transactions. There's no delay in processing the transfer, and no possibility of typing errors in the IBAN number.

They also enable us to manage international transactions more efficiently, which is important for our business. You can also pay 100% of Delcampe sellers by bank transfer (via the wallet), which wasn't possible before, as you were limited to sellers who accepted bank transfers. No more payment fees for transfers outside the SEPA zone.

The wallet also enables us to work on a purchase protection policy in the event of a problem with a transaction.

We hope you will continue to use our platform despite this change, and we remain at your disposal for any questions or assistance.

Here's how to pay for a transaction by bank transfer:

- Either the buyer funds their PayPal account by bank transfer. The buyer can then use the amount available on PayPal to pay the seller. The seller will then receive the payment in his PayPal account, and the transaction will be visible in the "Payments" tab. Only possible if the seller has activated PayPal in their payment methods.

- Alternatively, the buyer can make a bank transfer directly to their Delcampe virtual wallet. He can then use the amount available in their virtual wallet to pay the seller. The seller will then receive the payment in their own virtual wallet.
  • @miranda
    Administrateur

482 messages

Belgique

As a seller, I do appreciate seeing all payments in one place now. However, I also need to track & report separately on payments, based on the payment method. An additional filter by payment method on the Payments History page would be a good start to support that.

Also concerned about the inconvenience for those customers who who pay for their purchases by bank transfer. While not a large percentage of my buyers, the new method will certainly be more cumbersome for them.

Regards, Greg
    • Posté le 16 janv. 2024 à 08:16
    Hi Greg and Steve,

We have forwarded your request to filter the payments of the Payments page by PayPal and Mangopay.
    Will let you know when it's done.

For the bank transfer situation, I've just added a reply to this subject above mine.
  • 4margins

123 messages

Royaume-Uni

Hi "4margins",

We understand your preference for transfers directly to your sellers which was indeed a payment option we previously offered.

However, we have changed our payment system for technical and regulatory reasons, and have chosen Paypal and Mangopay as our partners.

These solutions offer many advantages, such as ease of use, security, speed and transparency. All you have to do is top up your balance with a deposit, and you can instantly pay for all your transactions. There's no delay in processing the transfer, and no possibility of typing errors in the IBAN number.

They also enable us to manage international transactions more efficiently, which is important for our business. You can also pay 100% of Delcampe sellers by bank transfer (via the wallet), which wasn't possible before, as you were limited to sellers who accepted bank transfers. No more payment fees for transfers outside the SEPA zone.

The wallet also enables us to work on a purchase protection policy in the event of a problem with a transaction.

We hope you will continue to use our platform despite this change, and we remain at your disposal for any questions or assistance.

- Either the buyer funds their PayPal account by bank transfer. The buyer can then use the amount available on PayPal to pay the seller. The seller will then receive the payment in his PayPal account, and the transaction will be visible in the "Payments" tab. Only possible if the seller has activated PayPal in their payment methods.

- Alternatively, the buyer can make a bank transfer directly to their Delcampe virtual wallet. He can then use the amount available in their virtual wallet to pay the seller. The seller will then receive the payment in their own virtual wallet.
    • Posté le 16 janv. 2024 à 09:05
    I do not usually use PayPal for payments as sellers have to pay a commission on such payments and these are usually charged to me as a buyer.
    Therefore I have usually used the direct payment method of an IBAN Transfer, which costs me nothing, and from what I understand from the majority of sellers in Europe and elsewhere, it does not cost them anything either.
    My question is whether sellers will now have to pay a commission to Mangopay for receiving payments through them, because if this is the case then these fees will inevitably be passed on to the buyer! Can you please clarify?
  • mjocovers

430 messages

Royaume-Uni

I just checked the payments received transaction history. I tested it with Jan-Dec 2022, and was startled to see it was saying I received payment by Mastercard, Visa, Balance, Bank Transfer or Paypal,

There was no mention of Delcampe Pay.

I have never been directly paid by credit or debit card, only credit cards via a third party Paypal or Delcmpe Pay. so I presume that Mastercard, Visa, Balance are in fact Mastercard via Delcampe Pay, Visa visa Delcampe Pay, Balance from Delcampe Pay,

This should be clearly stated , otherwise it is misleading.

I am not at all happy with the way the payment history is now presented.
  • @miranda
    Administrateur

482 messages

Belgique

I do not usually use PayPal for payments as sellers have to pay a commission on such payments and these are usually charged to me as a buyer.
    Therefore I have usually used the direct payment method of an IBAN Transfer, which costs me nothing, and from what I understand from the majority of sellers in Europe and elsewhere, it does not cost them anything either.
    My question is whether sellers will now have to pay a commission to Mangopay for receiving payments through them, because if this is the case then these fees will inevitably be passed on to the buyer! Can you please clarify?
    • Posté le 16 janv. 2024 à 09:29
    Mangopay is now a free solution for everyone.
    Indeed, since today, this payment method is becoming completely free for every member (buyers and sellers)
  • mjocovers

430 messages

Royaume-Uni

When listing all transactions, it just shows the first page.

Even if it says there are 30 pages, if you click on the next page, it just repeats whats on the first page, Also if, for example, you want to skip to page 20, it again just repeats whats on page 1.
  • baltija

859 messages

Suède

Hi "4margins",

• Posté le 16 janv. 2024 à 09:05
    So far so good. I think the new changes are a logical move to make buyers feel more secure when transfering funds.

"The wallet also enables us to work on a purchase protection policy in the event of a problem with a transaction."

I am looking forward to see how this purchase protection policy turns out.

It would be a priority to have a mechanism that avoids unscrupulous buyers who claim non-delivery and are instantly refunded since there is no tracking of the shipment - tracking that the buyer could have chosen, but opted out on.
  • mjocovers

430 messages

Royaume-Uni

I echo what Steve has said. Please add details including gross income and fees to each transaction, as it was previously, on the summary page, and not just via a pop up,
  • ontheridgestamps
    Thank you Miranda, appreciate the quick response and look forward to seeing more usability changes.

Regards, Greg
  • @miranda
    Administrateur

482 messages

Belgique

When listing all transactions, it just shows the first page.

Even if it says there are 30 pages, if you click on the next page, it just repeats whats on the first page, Also if, for example, you want to skip to page 20, it again just repeats whats on page 1.
    • Posté le 16 janv. 2024 à 09:51
    I just went to your account and I could have access to all your pages, whether it's page 1, 3 or 10.
    In case you keep on not seeing them, may I kindly ask you to clear your browser's cache. Check this link if you don't know how to do it: Lien (https)
  • @miranda
    Administrateur

482 messages

Belgique

I echo what Steve has said. Please add details including gross income and fees to each transaction, as it was previously, on the summary page, and not just via a pop up,
    • Posté le 16 janv. 2024 à 09:59
    Just to confirm what I have confirmed to Steve through emails,

On top of asking for a PayPal and Mangopay filter, I've also reported the situation with the fees that do not appear on the page, but appear only through a pop-up.
    I'll let you know when I get more details from the IT department.
  • mjocovers

430 messages

Royaume-Uni

I just went to your account and I could have access to all your pages, whether it's page 1, 3 or 10.
    In case you keep on not seeing them, may I kindly ask you to clear your browser's cache. Check this link if you don't know how to do it: Lien (https)
    • Posté le 16 janv. 2024 à 10:04
    I just tried that, and its still happening. It only happens with the new Payments pages. It's not happening elsewhere on the site.
  • mjocovers

430 messages

Royaume-Uni

Just to confirm what I have confirmed to Steve through emails,

On top of asking for a PayPal and Mangopay filter, I've also reported the situation with the fees that do not appear on the page, but appear only through a pop-up.
    I'll let you know when I get more details from the IT department.
    • Posté le 16 janv. 2024 à 10:06
    Thank you.
  • apmtrade

40 messages

Canada

Are we forced to offer MangoPay ???
    If so, do have to sign up for MangoPay ??.
  • @miranda
    Administrateur

482 messages

Belgique

Hi "apmtrade",

Mangopay has been activated for any member who lives in a country where Mangopay offers its services which is the case for Canada.
    There's an Help article that was recently written to help our members determine whether or not they have a Mangopay account. Here is the link if you want to check it out Lien (https)
  • baltija

859 messages

Suède

Hi "apmtrade",

Mangopay has been activated for any member who lives in a country where Mangopay offers its services which is the case for Canada.
    There's an Help article that was recently written to help our members determine whether or not they have a Mangopay account. Here is the link if you want to check it out Lien (https)
    • Posté le 17 janv. 2024 à 02:46
    That was exactly some of the information I was looking for since the Delcampe Pay page no longer exist.

As a seller I would like to know which countries are serviced by Mangopay, so I can allow buyers from those countries to be customers in my shop. It makes no sense to welcome business from countries where people are not able to remit payment - and I do not accept PayPal.
  • @miranda
    Administrateur

482 messages

Belgique

That was exactly some of the information I was looking for since the Delcampe Pay page no longer exist.

As a seller I would like to know which countries are serviced by Mangopay, so I can allow buyers from those countries to be customers in my shop. It makes no sense to welcome business from countries where people are not able to remit payment - and I do not accept PayPal.
    • Posté le 17 janv. 2024 à 04:33
    Hi "baltija",

The list of countries where Mangopay is active is now available in our Help Center Lien (https)
  • baltija

859 messages

Suède

Hi "baltija",

The list of countries where Mangopay is active is now available in our Help Center Lien (https)
    • Posté le 17 janv. 2024 à 06:07
    Excellent, @Miranda, always a pleasure to communicate with you.

Rejoignez la communauté des collectionneurs !

S'inscrire Se connecter