How can I buy an item from an auction house?
On Delcampe, you can find items sold by prestigious auction houses. These sales are part of the auction catalogs proposed by these Auction Houses.
All Delcampe members can submit bids on these items.
This article covers the following topics :
- How can I access the various catalogs proposed by the Auction Houses?
- How can I submit an offer to an Auction House?
- What happens after submitting an offer?
How can I access the various catalogs proposed by the Auction Houses?
- Go to the list of current catalogs
- Click on to access the catalog of your choice.
How can I submit an offer to an Auction House?
- Go to the item page
- Enter the maximum amount you are willing to pay
- Click on the button
- A new window will open. Tick the box confirming that you have read the conditions of sale of the catalogue and the possible fees added to the final amount, and confirm.
- A confirmation of your bid will be displayed.
What happens after placing a bid?
We save the various offers submitted by our members and forward them to the auction house in question.
The highest bidders of the different lots are then contacted privately by the auction houses to announce the results of these sales. The payment of the transaction will be made outside the Delcampe website.
Tip: As these sales may take place through other channels such as a public auction, you may be contacted a little later.
Warning: If you are not the highest bidder, the auction house will not contact you.