Buyers not acknowledging receipt of stamps.

• grandad-47

113 messages

United Kingdom

Do professional sellers watch their "sent" items to check that the items have been received? I, as a very small scale seller, have tended to check that the goods I have sold have reached their destination, even resorting to messaging the recipient. Recently it seems to me that buyers are reluctant to acknowledge receipt so I'm going to wait for the buyer to acknowledge and if they don't within say eight weeks I will just archive the transaction.
  • wycombe1

1856 messages

United Kingdom

A buyer will usually be fairly prompt in letting you know if items do not arrive. You may irritate some if you pester them particularly in regard to feedbacks,

So I leave well alone until someone claims non receipt. You cannot rely on feedback received either simply because very many no longer bother with leaving it any more when they get their items.
  • dave43

277 messages

United Kingdom

Someone told me not to leave feedback until they have marked item as received!
    otherwise I suggested Delcampe add something to drop down menu like "Has item been received?" so it is easy to send a reminder!
  • baltija

853 messages

Sweden

Some of my repeat customers never leaves feedback.
  • grandad-47

113 messages

United Kingdom

Some of my repeat customers never leaves feedback.
    • Created on May 4, 2022 at 5:05 PM
    The fact that they are repeat customers is a sort of feed back in its self. My concern is for buyers failing to acknowledging receipt of their orders.
  • baltija

853 messages

Sweden

The fact that they are repeat customers is a sort of feed back in its self. My concern is for buyers failing to acknowledging receipt of their orders.
    • Created on May 5, 2022 at 3:53 AM
    Of course it would be nice and even courteous of buyers if they would acknowledge receipt of their orders, but I do not see that they are failing as such if they don't, since there is no requirement to do so. A few buyers tick the "received" icon in the dashboard without leaving feedback, which is okay with me. In the best of worlds I would like that all buyers left 100% positive feedback when items were received. But, I would prefer they do not leave any feedback if they were to consider any of the inbetween percentages that are available or perhaps even a negative. Then a buyer should contact me to sort out whatever I did wrong, so I can fix it.
  • blid273

4 messages

Norway

Of course it would be nice and even courteous of buyers if they would acknowledge receipt of their orders, but I do not see that they are failing as such if they don't, since there is no requirement to do so. A few buyers tick the "received" icon in the dashboard without leaving feedback, which is okay with me. In the best of worlds I would like that all buyers left 100% positive feedback when items were received. But, I would prefer they do not leave any feedback if they were to consider any of the inbetween percentages that are available or perhaps even a negative. Then a buyer should contact me to sort out whatever I did wrong, so I can fix it.
    • Created on May 5, 2022 at 5:56 AM
    I am mostly a buyer, and always click the "feedback" icon before the "Item received" icon, as a courtesy and to keep track of items received. Some sellers pack and tape items so extreme, it takes great care to unpack without damaging the item..

Join the collectors community

Register Login