Cars identification help please

  • colibry
    Rekening afgesloten
    free

    22 berichten

    Israël

    Hi to all,

    I have few automobiles postcards which I want to post for sale but am reluctant until I identify the cars pictured. If any of you could help I would be more than grateful.

    Cheers.
  • colibry
    Rekening afgesloten
    free

    22 berichten

    Israël

    Hi to all,

    I have few automobiles postcards which I want to post for sale but am reluctant until I identify the cars pictured. If any of you could help I would be more than grateful.

    Cheers.
    • Aangemaakt 22 jan 2014 op 16:27
    • #483150
    Some more cars postcards...
  • Rekening verwijderd
    Rekening verwijderd

    0 berichten

    Canada

    Some more cars postcards...
    • Aangemaakt 22 jan 2014 op 16:34
    • #483151
    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
  • Rekening verwijderd
    Rekening verwijderd

    0 berichten

    Canada

    Some more cars postcards...
    • Aangemaakt 22 jan 2014 op 16:34
    • #483151
    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
  • adelheid65

    138 berichten

    België

    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
    • Aangemaakt 22 jan 2014 op 23:33
    • #483169
    For the last card: the middle car is certainly a Simca.
    The 3th one in the first series: the one closest to the camera is indeed certainly a Citroen, and more specifically the iconic DS (déesse which means goddess)
    The shiny red convertible in the middle of the first series is certainly an American make.
  • Rekening verwijderd
    Rekening verwijderd

    0 berichten

    Verenigd Koninkrijk

    For the last card: the middle car is certainly a Simca.
    The 3th one in the first series: the one closest to the camera is indeed certainly a Citroen, and more specifically the iconic DS (déesse which means goddess)
    The shiny red convertible in the middle of the first series is certainly an American make.
    • Aangemaakt 23 jan 2014 op 04:02
    • #483190
    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
  • Rekening verwijderd
    Rekening verwijderd

    0 berichten

    Verenigd Koninkrijk

    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
    • Aangemaakt 23 jan 2014 op 10:27
    • #483260
    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
  • colibry
    Rekening afgesloten
    free

    22 berichten

    Israël

    For the last card: the middle car is certainly a Simca.
    The 3th one in the first series: the one closest to the camera is indeed certainly a Citroen, and more specifically the iconic DS (déesse which means goddess)
    The shiny red convertible in the middle of the first series is certainly an American make.
    • Aangemaakt 23 jan 2014 op 04:02
    • #483190
    Since I know nothing about cars, you guys are extremely helpful!
    :cool2:

    Jmcdonnell, :cool:
    Thank you so much for your replies and identification. Attached the reverse sides of the 2 first postcards. Do they help?

    Adelheid65, :applause:
    Thank you for the specific and effective answer.
  • colibry
    Rekening afgesloten
    free

    22 berichten

    Israël

    Since I know nothing about cars, you guys are extremely helpful!
    :cool2:

    Jmcdonnell, :cool:
    Thank you so much for your replies and identification. Attached the reverse sides of the 2 first postcards. Do they help?

    Adelheid65, :applause:
    Thank you for the specific and effective answer.
    • Aangemaakt 23 jan 2014 op 10:31
    • #483267
    Mainlypostcards :beer:
    Cheers :-)
  • Rekening verwijderd
    Rekening verwijderd

    0 berichten

    Canada

    Since I know nothing about cars, you guys are extremely helpful!
    :cool2:

    Jmcdonnell, :cool:
    Thank you so much for your replies and identification. Attached the reverse sides of the 2 first postcards. Do they help?

    Adelheid65, :applause:
    Thank you for the specific and effective answer.
    • Aangemaakt 23 jan 2014 op 10:31
    • #483267
    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
  • alan65
    Rekening afgesloten
    PRO free

    426 berichten

    Verenigde Staten

    Hi to all,

    I have few automobiles postcards which I want to post for sale but am reluctant until I identify the cars pictured. If any of you could help I would be more than grateful.

    Cheers.
    • Aangemaakt 22 jan 2014 op 16:27
    • #483150
    For the large American car in the 2nd postcard, take a look at this site showing old car logos and their evolution.
    Link (http)
    The icon/symbol on the front of the car looks like the late-1940s-early 1950s Buick logo. (see specifically 1947 or possibly 1949. Then google/bing/whatever "1949 Buick" and see what you find. you may have to change the year by a bit.
    Hope this helps!
  • alan65
    Rekening afgesloten
    PRO free

    426 berichten

    Verenigde Staten

    For the large American car in the 2nd postcard, take a look at this site showing old car logos and their evolution.
    Link (http)
    The icon/symbol on the front of the car looks like the late-1940s-early 1950s Buick logo. (see specifically 1947 or possibly 1949. Then google/bing/whatever "1949 Buick" and see what you find. you may have to change the year by a bit.
    Hope this helps!
    • Aangemaakt 23 jan 2014 op 14:49
    • #483350
    Having taken a quick look, I think it's the 1948 Buick Roadmaster Convertible.
  • colibry
    Rekening afgesloten
    free

    22 berichten

    Israël

    Having taken a quick look, I think it's the 1948 Buick Roadmaster Convertible.
    • Aangemaakt 23 jan 2014 op 14:51
    • #483352
    Jmcdonnell: Thanks a lot for. You are being very helpful

    Alan65: That is wonderful. And what a great link!

    Here's a close-up of the Buick logo/ I think you were right on with the year.

    Guys - You are extremely helpful. THANKS !

    So we are left with the first and the forth postcards....
  • bjornmu

    140 berichten

    Noorwegen

    Hi to all,

    I have few automobiles postcards which I want to post for sale but am reluctant until I identify the cars pictured. If any of you could help I would be more than grateful.

    Cheers.
    • Aangemaakt 22 jan 2014 op 16:27
    • #483150
    First card: Borgund Stavkirke Link (https) :)
  • Rekening verwijderd
    Rekening verwijderd

    0 berichten

    Canada

    For the large American car in the 2nd postcard, take a look at this site showing old car logos and their evolution.
    Link (http)
    The icon/symbol on the front of the car looks like the late-1940s-early 1950s Buick logo. (see specifically 1947 or possibly 1949. Then google/bing/whatever "1949 Buick" and see what you find. you may have to change the year by a bit.
    Hope this helps!
    • Aangemaakt 23 jan 2014 op 14:49
    • #483350
    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
  • Rekening verwijderd
    Rekening verwijderd

    0 berichten

    Canada

    Jmcdonnell: Thanks a lot for. You are being very helpful

    Alan65: That is wonderful. And what a great link!

    Here's a close-up of the Buick logo/ I think you were right on with the year.

    Guys - You are extremely helpful. THANKS !

    So we are left with the first and the forth postcards....
    • Aangemaakt 23 jan 2014 op 15:56
    • #483365
    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
  • colibry
    Rekening afgesloten
    free

    22 berichten

    Israël

    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
    • Aangemaakt 24 jan 2014 op 00:36
    • #483379
    Jmcdonnell,

    Thank you so much. I had re scanned the card at 900 DPI. Don't think we'll get any better than that.
    Does that help?

    Cheers...
  • alan65
    Rekening afgesloten
    PRO free

    426 berichten

    Verenigde Staten

    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
    • Aangemaakt 23 jan 2014 op 23:42
    • #483377
    Yes, I didn't know about it until I started looking into this thread's questions.
    So, 'thank you' to the OP, too :cool:
    The logo/icon is often all we postcard collectors have to go on for an identification; that this site can help in dating the model is wonderful.
  • bjornmu

    140 berichten

    Noorwegen

    Yes, I didn't know about it until I started looking into this thread's questions.
    So, 'thank you' to the OP, too :cool:
    The logo/icon is often all we postcard collectors have to go on for an identification; that this site can help in dating the model is wonderful.
    • Aangemaakt 24 jan 2014 op 10:01
    • #483448
    Oh now I notice it was the *cars* you were after. Well the first postcard is from Norway, and the registration numbers started off in the 19-ohs using one letter per "fylke" and a serial number. I think King Haakons first car was A-3 and my mother's great uncle had A-9. :) This has only 3 digits. No idea when Sogn og Fjordane (where this is) reached 1000, maybe shortly after WWII? But then maybe it was possible to "inherit" low numbers.

    The system was changed for new cars in 1970, now it's possible for veteran cars to get "old-style" numbers with few digits.
  • colibry
    Rekening afgesloten
    free

    22 berichten

    Israël

    Oh now I notice it was the *cars* you were after. Well the first postcard is from Norway, and the registration numbers started off in the 19-ohs using one letter per "fylke" and a serial number. I think King Haakons first car was A-3 and my mother's great uncle had A-9. :) This has only 3 digits. No idea when Sogn og Fjordane (where this is) reached 1000, maybe shortly after WWII? But then maybe it was possible to "inherit" low numbers.

    The system was changed for new cars in 1970, now it's possible for veteran cars to get "old-style" numbers with few digits.
    • Aangemaakt 24 jan 2014 op 13:47
    • #483498
    Bjornmu,

    Many thanks for the interesting information about the registration numbers.

    Do you have any idea as to the model and manufacturer of the car on that postcard?

    Cheers,
  • bjornmu

    140 berichten

    Noorwegen

    Bjornmu,

    Many thanks for the interesting information about the registration numbers.

    Do you have any idea as to the model and manufacturer of the car on that postcard?

    Cheers,
    • Aangemaakt 24 jan 2014 op 15:44
    • #483513
    Absolutely no idea about the car. What I can say with certainty is that it's not made in Norway...
  • Rekening verwijderd
    Rekening verwijderd

    0 berichten

    Canada

    Jmcdonnell,

    Thank you so much. I had re scanned the card at 900 DPI. Don't think we'll get any better than that.
    Does that help?

    Cheers...
    • Aangemaakt 24 jan 2014 op 01:12
    • #483381
    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
  • Rekening verwijderd
    Rekening verwijderd

    0 berichten

    Canada

    Absolutely no idea about the car. What I can say with certainty is that it's not made in Norway...
    • Aangemaakt 24 jan 2014 op 17:03
    • #483518
    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
  • bjornmu

    140 berichten

    Noorwegen

    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
    • Aangemaakt 24 jan 2014 op 23:57
    • #483524
    Yes, Soviet cars were imported in the 50s in exchange for fish. I suppose that includes Volga (I think I've seen some). Soviet tourists? Sorry, that's impossible on so many levels. :D
  • colibry
    Rekening afgesloten
    free

    22 berichten

    Israël

    Yes, Soviet cars were imported in the 50s in exchange for fish. I suppose that includes Volga (I think I've seen some). Soviet tourists? Sorry, that's impossible on so many levels. :D
    • Aangemaakt 25 jan 2014 op 05:05
    • #483553
    You guys are unbelievable!

    It is a Volga, although not exactly the same model as the one here:
    Link (http)

    Many thanks and a great weekend to everybody.