Translation and identification, please

  • Rekening verwijderd
    Rekening verwijderd

    0 berichten

    Verenigd Koninkrijk

    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
  • quasar

    3764 berichten

    België

    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
    • Aangemaakt 20 jan 2012 op 06:55
    • #367959
    Hello,

    My attempt of transcription from Cyrillic results in:

    August?jsia D?ti Ix’ Imperatorskix’ Vysocestv’ Velikago Knjaz?
    Konstantina Konstantinovija i Velikoj Knagin? Elisabety Mavrikievi’

    I'm not sure it is Russian Cyrillic and the question marks indicate signs I can't read, but it seems that Nicolas II of Russia is not mentioned.
    However 'Imperatorskix'' probably means 'emperor', and included are the names 'Konstantin(a)' and 'Elisabeth'.

    Unfortunately, I can't translate the text, but maybe this is a start.

    Best regards,

    Quasar
  • Rekening verwijderd
    Rekening verwijderd

    0 berichten

    Verenigd Koninkrijk

    Hello,

    My attempt of transcription from Cyrillic results in:

    August?jsia D?ti Ix’ Imperatorskix’ Vysocestv’ Velikago Knjaz?
    Konstantina Konstantinovija i Velikoj Knagin? Elisabety Mavrikievi’

    I'm not sure it is Russian Cyrillic and the question marks indicate signs I can't read, but it seems that Nicolas II of Russia is not mentioned.
    However 'Imperatorskix'' probably means 'emperor', and included are the names 'Konstantin(a)' and 'Elisabeth'.

    Unfortunately, I can't translate the text, but maybe this is a start.

    Best regards,

    Quasar
    • Aangemaakt 22 jan 2012 op 06:17
    • #368232
    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
  • quasar

    3764 berichten

    België

    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
    • Aangemaakt 22 jan 2012 op 09:15
    • #368251
    Hello again,

    How about this: Link (http)

    Grand Duke Konstantin Konstantinovich and his wife Elisabeth; they had nine children.

    On your card there are only eight children however. Maybe the last child wasn't born yet, or maybe a child died before the card was made?

    Best regards,

    Quasar
  • Rekening verwijderd
    Rekening verwijderd

    0 berichten

    Verenigd Koninkrijk

    Hello again,

    How about this: Link (http)

    Grand Duke Konstantin Konstantinovich and his wife Elisabeth; they had nine children.

    On your card there are only eight children however. Maybe the last child wasn't born yet, or maybe a child died before the card was made?

    Best regards,

    Quasar
    • Aangemaakt 22 jan 2012 op 09:31
    • #368254
    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
  • alan65
    Rekening afgesloten
    PRO free

    426 berichten

    Verenigde Staten

    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
    • Aangemaakt 22 jan 2012 op 10:24
    • #368260
    I can read--well, 'sound out' -- Cyrillic and can confirm that the last 3 words are Konstantin's wife's name, "Grand Duchess Elizaveta Mavrikievna".
  • Rekening verwijderd
    Rekening verwijderd

    0 berichten

    Verenigd Koninkrijk

    I can read--well, 'sound out' -- Cyrillic and can confirm that the last 3 words are Konstantin's wife's name, "Grand Duchess Elizaveta Mavrikievna".
    • Aangemaakt 22 jan 2012 op 12:43
    • #368282
    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)