Identify forgery China stamp

  • mmscan

    148 berichten

    China

    China stamp is hot but forgery is too much here,and many forgery items are really hard to identify.

    How to identify ? Try below steps:
    1. Check the paper;
    2. Check the color ;
    3. Check the Perforation;
    4. Check the postmark ;
    5. Check the size
    and so on


    Some Example:
    #220317040 Different paper and color
    #221838081 Different paper , color,perforation,design(see attached image)
    #221837984 Different paper and color
    #221668578 Different Perforation
    #221668038 Different paper, color , perforation
    #221667501 Different paper, color(esp.backside)
    #221666904 Different paper, color . strange white line at its left side.
    #221666159 Different Perforation
    #221189488 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #221189431 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #220842120 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #220841942 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #220317374 Different color, perforation, paper
    #220317285 Different color, perforation, paper
    #220317210 Different color, perforation, paper
    #220317130 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #220316924 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #220316839 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper


  • Rekening verwijderd
    Rekening verwijderd

    0 berichten

    Verenigd Koninkrijk

    China stamp is hot but forgery is too much here,and many forgery items are really hard to identify.

    How to identify ? Try below steps:
    1. Check the paper;
    2. Check the color ;
    3. Check the Perforation;
    4. Check the postmark ;
    5. Check the size
    and so on


    Some Example:
    #220317040 Different paper and color
    #221838081 Different paper , color,perforation,design(see attached image)
    #221837984 Different paper and color
    #221668578 Different Perforation
    #221668038 Different paper, color , perforation
    #221667501 Different paper, color(esp.backside)
    #221666904 Different paper, color . strange white line at its left side.
    #221666159 Different Perforation
    #221189488 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #221189431 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #220842120 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #220841942 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #220317374 Different color, perforation, paper
    #220317285 Different color, perforation, paper
    #220317210 Different color, perforation, paper
    #220317130 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #220316924 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #220316839 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper


    • Aangemaakt 24 jun 2013 op 11:17
    • #454335
    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
  • Rekening verwijderd
    Rekening verwijderd

    0 berichten

    Italië

    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
    • Aangemaakt 26 jun 2013 op 06:46
    • #454523
    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
  • Rekening verwijderd
    Rekening verwijderd

    0 berichten

    Verenigd Koninkrijk

    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
    • Aangemaakt 27 jun 2013 op 18:46
    • #454832
    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
  • emmbersplace

    908 berichten

    Filipijnen

    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
    • Aangemaakt 10 jul 2013 op 14:12
    • #456548
    Yes I agree. The same applies to early stamps from Japan, Korea etc where probably over 90% of the very early items on sale are either forgeries or reprints.

    Most sellers on Delcampe (including me) are not either experts in Far East philately or fluent in Eastern languages or script.

    As sellers are aware (or should be aware) of the quantity of forgeries or reprints on the market , it is important that they state something like "not expertised" if the seller thinks that the item is genuine, "sold on its merits" possible fake/reprint etc so as not to try and mislead the buyers.

    There are some quite good moderators on D who have pointed out my errors in the past but they cannot check everything unfortunately. Maybe it is a good idea for any D member who is more expert in early Far East issues to report observed fakes for attention of the moderators? There is a procedure for this
  • richnoddystamps
    PRO free

    232 berichten

    Verenigd Koninkrijk

    Yes I agree. The same applies to early stamps from Japan, Korea etc where probably over 90% of the very early items on sale are either forgeries or reprints.

    Most sellers on Delcampe (including me) are not either experts in Far East philately or fluent in Eastern languages or script.

    As sellers are aware (or should be aware) of the quantity of forgeries or reprints on the market , it is important that they state something like "not expertised" if the seller thinks that the item is genuine, "sold on its merits" possible fake/reprint etc so as not to try and mislead the buyers.

    There are some quite good moderators on D who have pointed out my errors in the past but they cannot check everything unfortunately. Maybe it is a good idea for any D member who is more expert in early Far East issues to report observed fakes for attention of the moderators? There is a procedure for this
    • Aangemaakt 11 jul 2013 op 01:58
    • #456566
    There is a very good forgery identification book for the early stamps of Japan, I forget what it is called as I am on holiday right now. It is extremely comprehensive and costs around £7. However, the quality of many scanned images of stamps for sale are so poor that it is often difficult to identify genuine etc. I will post the name of the publication when I return to England, it really is indispensable, and readily available.
  • emmbersplace

    908 berichten

    Filipijnen

    There is a very good forgery identification book for the early stamps of Japan, I forget what it is called as I am on holiday right now. It is extremely comprehensive and costs around £7. However, the quality of many scanned images of stamps for sale are so poor that it is often difficult to identify genuine etc. I will post the name of the publication when I return to England, it really is indispensable, and readily available.
    • Aangemaakt 14 jul 2013 op 17:03
    • #457080
    Thanks......yes I have a CD from Soc for Japanese Philately & use Album Weeds....it is the early Chinese & Korean stamps (inc revenues) that are more of a problem and the multitude of reprints for early Asian stamps.

    My concern is that sellers do not always advise buyers about the possibility that a stamp is a forgery or reprint.....and some buyers could be "conned" easily I guess (inadvertently of not)

    Enjoy the rest of your vacation.....Mike

  • mmscan

    148 berichten

    China

    China stamp is hot but forgery is too much here,and many forgery items are really hard to identify.

    How to identify ? Try below steps:
    1. Check the paper;
    2. Check the color ;
    3. Check the Perforation;
    4. Check the postmark ;
    5. Check the size
    and so on


    Some Example:
    #220317040 Different paper and color
    #221838081 Different paper , color,perforation,design(see attached image)
    #221837984 Different paper and color
    #221668578 Different Perforation
    #221668038 Different paper, color , perforation
    #221667501 Different paper, color(esp.backside)
    #221666904 Different paper, color . strange white line at its left side.
    #221666159 Different Perforation
    #221189488 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #221189431 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #220842120 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #220841942 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #220317374 Different color, perforation, paper
    #220317285 Different color, perforation, paper
    #220317210 Different color, perforation, paper
    #220317130 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #220316924 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #220316839 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper


    • Aangemaakt 24 jun 2013 op 11:17
    • #454335
    More Forgery China stamps found:

    Item number: 216957255
    Item number: 216957095
    Item number: 216962327
    Item number: 219886691
    tem number: 216956981


    We cab identify them from the paper, Color, Design, etc
  • mmscan

    148 berichten

    China

    China stamp is hot but forgery is too much here,and many forgery items are really hard to identify.

    How to identify ? Try below steps:
    1. Check the paper;
    2. Check the color ;
    3. Check the Perforation;
    4. Check the postmark ;
    5. Check the size
    and so on


    Some Example:
    #220317040 Different paper and color
    #221838081 Different paper , color,perforation,design(see attached image)
    #221837984 Different paper and color
    #221668578 Different Perforation
    #221668038 Different paper, color , perforation
    #221667501 Different paper, color(esp.backside)
    #221666904 Different paper, color . strange white line at its left side.
    #221666159 Different Perforation
    #221189488 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #221189431 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #220842120 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #220841942 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #220317374 Different color, perforation, paper
    #220317285 Different color, perforation, paper
    #220317210 Different color, perforation, paper
    #220317130 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #220316924 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper
    #220316839 Different color, fuzzy design, perforation, paper


    • Aangemaakt 24 jun 2013 op 11:17
    • #454335

    Identify from the Design:

    Item number: 224185315


    Identify from the Paper:

    Item number: 224219976
  • wycombe1

    1959 berichten

    Verenigd Koninkrijk


    Identify from the Design:

    Item number: 224185315


    Identify from the Paper:

    Item number: 224219976
    • Aangemaakt 17 jul 2013 op 20:16
    • #457304
    You should report them directly to Delcampe rather than here.

    Why? Because only a small fraction of those that would have an interest in these items access this forum. Also you could try telling the seller as well - many sellers may not know these are forgeries.

    Although I have been dealing in stamps since the 1960's I would be almost totally clueless about Chinese stamp forgeries as it is not an area I have specialised in or had any particular interest in. If I did list such items and was told they were forgeries I would want to know more than -' this item is a forgery'. How do you distinguish between the genuine item and the forged item? Referral to a recognised catalogue, book or article would also help.
  • mmscan

    148 berichten

    China

    You should report them directly to Delcampe rather than here.

    Why? Because only a small fraction of those that would have an interest in these items access this forum. Also you could try telling the seller as well - many sellers may not know these are forgeries.

    Although I have been dealing in stamps since the 1960's I would be almost totally clueless about Chinese stamp forgeries as it is not an area I have specialised in or had any particular interest in. If I did list such items and was told they were forgeries I would want to know more than -' this item is a forgery'. How do you distinguish between the genuine item and the forged item? Referral to a recognised catalogue, book or article would also help.
    • Aangemaakt 18 jul 2013 op 03:42
    • #457316
    I am not "report" to some one.
    (I did contact some sellers but they still listed forgery stamps as original stamps)

    I try to tell members who are interested in China stamps how to identify
    --- You can find reasones behind each item.


  • wycombe1

    1959 berichten

    Verenigd Koninkrijk

    I am not "report" to some one.
    (I did contact some sellers but they still listed forgery stamps as original stamps)

    I try to tell members who are interested in China stamps how to identify
    --- You can find reasones behind each item.


    • Aangemaakt 18 jul 2013 op 08:09
    • #457333
    I can see your point.

    But simply to say this is a forgery because of paper, colour, perforation etc. is meaningless.

    You would need to show a genuine item next to a forged item to highlight the differences. In other words one would need to 'see' the differences not just be told about them. Remember 99.99% of collectors and dealers are not expert in these items.

    Again if you are sure they are 'forged' items and not described as such they should be reported.
  • mmscan

    148 berichten

    China

    I can see your point.

    But simply to say this is a forgery because of paper, colour, perforation etc. is meaningless.

    You would need to show a genuine item next to a forged item to highlight the differences. In other words one would need to 'see' the differences not just be told about them. Remember 99.99% of collectors and dealers are not expert in these items.

    Again if you are sure they are 'forged' items and not described as such they should be reported.
    • Aangemaakt 18 jul 2013 op 09:44
    • #457338
    My english is not good enough to make Everyone understand, but many China stamp collectors will find the difference after I give the points.
  • mmscan

    148 berichten

    China

    My english is not good enough to make Everyone understand, but many China stamp collectors will find the difference after I give the points.
    • Aangemaakt 18 jul 2013 op 10:23
    • #457339
    This lot: #227224074 is fake stamp.
    Its design is very fuzzy,and perforation is too smooth.

    When you received it you will find its paper is stiff than real stamp.
    I have been cheated by one GB seller whoes nickname was closed because selling this fake stamp and others.

    I have seen many sellers sold this fake set in delcampe.


  • emmbersplace

    908 berichten

    Filipijnen

    This lot: #227224074 is fake stamp.
    Its design is very fuzzy,and perforation is too smooth.

    When you received it you will find its paper is stiff than real stamp.
    I have been cheated by one GB seller whoes nickname was closed because selling this fake stamp and others.

    I have seen many sellers sold this fake set in delcampe.


    • Aangemaakt 15 aug 2013 op 22:45
    • #460449
    I do appreciate your efforts to point out forgeries of China issues as I, for one, am not an expert in early PRC stamps of which there are many forgeries.

    However, the auction you mentioned (227224.....) the seller lists the stamps as "Official Reprints". Are you sure that the stamps are fake and not just reprints as stated by the seller?
  • mmscan

    148 berichten

    China

    I do appreciate your efforts to point out forgeries of China issues as I, for one, am not an expert in early PRC stamps of which there are many forgeries.

    However, the auction you mentioned (227224.....) the seller lists the stamps as "Official Reprints". Are you sure that the stamps are fake and not just reprints as stated by the seller?
    • Aangemaakt 16 aug 2013 op 22:21
    • #460558
    It's NOT official reprint.
    Official Reprint is really stamp, issued in 1955 year. Almost the same as the original print.

    This one is 100% forgery stamp. It's very fuzzy. Please see the attached pictures--Reply to seller.
  • mmscan

    148 berichten

    China

    It's NOT official reprint.
    Official Reprint is really stamp, issued in 1955 year. Almost the same as the original print.

    This one is 100% forgery stamp. It's very fuzzy. Please see the attached pictures--Reply to seller.
    • Aangemaakt 16 aug 2013 op 23:39
    • #460559
    About this forgery stamp, I have an essay published in the "China Clipper" January.2013


    It's 100% forgery
  • emmbersplace

    908 berichten

    Filipijnen

    It's NOT official reprint.
    Official Reprint is really stamp, issued in 1955 year. Almost the same as the original print.

    This one is 100% forgery stamp. It's very fuzzy. Please see the attached pictures--Reply to seller.
    • Aangemaakt 16 aug 2013 op 23:39
    • #460559
    Ok.....then you must advise the seller & send a copy of the report or pics.

    Also, advise Delcampe if you do not get a response from the seller.

    Thanks for your efforts

  • mmscan

    148 berichten

    China

    Ok.....then you must advise the seller & send a copy of the report or pics.

    Also, advise Delcampe if you do not get a response from the seller.

    Thanks for your efforts

    • Aangemaakt 17 aug 2013 op 20:46
    • #460619
    Seller ? Delcampe ?
    I have done these things---many times---Useless.
    Just be careful when you buy China stamps!
  • Rekening verwijderd
    Rekening verwijderd

    0 berichten

    Duitsland

    Seller ? Delcampe ?
    I have done these things---many times---Useless.
    Just be careful when you buy China stamps!
    • Aangemaakt 18 aug 2013 op 01:21
    • #460620
    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
  • mmscan

    148 berichten

    China

    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
    • Aangemaakt 22 aug 2013 op 04:04
    • #461023
    I have tired many times since 2010.
    Thanks for your suggestion.
  • mmscan

    148 berichten

    China

    I have tired many times since 2010.
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    • Aangemaakt 22 aug 2013 op 04:39
    • #461027
    I have tried many times.
  • Rekening verwijderd
    Rekening verwijderd

    0 berichten

    Duitsland

    I have tired many times since 2010.
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    • Aangemaakt 22 aug 2013 op 04:39
    • #461027
    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
  • mmscan

    148 berichten

    China

    De informatie is niet meer beschikbaar omdat de rekening van deze gebruiker is verwijderd (AVG)
    • Aangemaakt 22 aug 2013 op 04:48
    • #461029
    Reported but not deleted:

    #226606866 Reason:Design,cancel,paper...all are fake
    Link (http)


    #226606555 Reason:Design,cancel,paper...all are fake
    Link (http)

    #226606716 Reason:Design,cancel,paper, color...all are fake
    Link (http)
  • mmscan

    148 berichten

    China

    Reported but not deleted:

    #226606866 Reason:Design,cancel,paper...all are fake
    Link (http)


    #226606555 Reason:Design,cancel,paper...all are fake
    Link (http)

    #226606716 Reason:Design,cancel,paper, color...all are fake
    Link (http)
    • Aangemaakt 27 aug 2013 op 23:52
    • #461733
    Reported but not deleted:

    100% Forgery : #228664393 Reason: Different paper, Fuzzy,etc...

    Link (http)