Any experts on German printers circa 1895?

• lbigfoot

7 messages

Israel

I have a logo that has me stumped. It is not of the publisher as the publisher is Ottmar Zieher.

I am attaching both the logo and a specific use.

Any ideas? Someone said that it is found on cards of beer gardens / beer drinking from Munich in the 1890s. One suggested Emil Kohn but I am unsure

Regards

Lawrence
  • cassander_thucelius

1337 messages

Germany

It's not Emil Kohn, but Emil Köhn.

There are a number of cards that have both signets: EKM and OZM. I'm not aware of the exact business relationship these two houses seem to have had, though.
  • lbigfoot

7 messages

Israel

It's not Emil Kohn, but Emil Köhn.

There are a number of cards that have both signets: EKM and OZM. I'm not aware of the exact business relationship these two houses seem to have had, though.
    • Created on May 9, 2024 at 1:29 PM
    So you believe that it is Emil Köhn, Munich? The Emil Köhn logo is a bit different. It seems to be EK within two towers but maybe also this one
  • cassander_thucelius

1337 messages

Germany

Emil Köhn München had many different logos over the time. His company also published as "Emil Köhn Noris" (= from Nürnberg/Nuremberg) or "Emil Köhn Nürnberg" at some time.

I do believe it's that name since the firm was very well known and anyone else sigining something also published in Munich would surely have chosen another abbreviation (but one never knows for sure until you see the logo and the name on one card, I guess).

Join the collectors community

Register Login