• baltija

859 messages

Sweden

Some sellers are concerned with privacy and disguise the addresses present on covers. This can be done digitally and/or manually.

For me, as a buyer, a problem arises when neither the image nor the description gives a clue to the destination of the cover.

There are at least two things I, as a collector, need to know when contemplating if a cover has any interest to me - date of the postmark and destination of the cover. With this information at hand, I can discern if the postage affixed to the cover is correct for the destination and the particular period in time.

Without this information, the cover, depending on what postage is used, has no interest to me and I move on in my searches.
    Without this information, the seller sends the signal that they have little or no knowledge about philately.

It would be great if sellers would provide images where the date of postmarks (when readable in real life) can be read on the computer screen.
    It would also be great if sellers would either describe the destination of the cover or avoid to disguise this information on the cover.