wrench postcards of london

• dave43

277 messages

United Kingdom

I asked about Wrench postcards of London before and got lots of answers, wasn't there a shortcut to "my posts" on old web site? Sorry I haven't responded much but London is only one of my collecting interests. I came across this card which looks like a well animated different street scene like Wrenchs did but the only number on the front is 42, sideways on LHS and it was published by Hartmanns, not Wrenchs altho script on caption is identical to Wrenchs, I suppose when Wrench stopped trading the German printers could sell card to whoever they wanted, I can't find any others in my collection of London probably others can find some.
    PS I can't find Wrenchs list a card of Euston Arch, its not a common image anyway but Wrenchs did a lot of views of unusual streets
  • quasar

3764 messages

Belgium

I asked about Wrench postcards of London before and got lots of answers, wasn't there a shortcut to "my posts" on old web site? Sorry I haven't responded much but London is only one of my collecting interests. I came across this card which looks like a well animated different street scene like Wrenchs did but the only number on the front is 42, sideways on LHS and it was published by Hartmanns, not Wrenchs altho script on caption is identical to Wrenchs, I suppose when Wrench stopped trading the German printers could sell card to whoever they wanted, I can't find any others in my collection of London probably others can find some.
    PS I can't find Wrenchs list a card of Euston Arch, its not a common image anyway but Wrenchs did a lot of views of unusual streets
    • Created on 24 Oct 2017 at 15:11
    Hi,

A search 'hartmann london' on Delcampe reveals several other Hartmann cards, some of the same series as your card:
    Link (https)
    Maybe they can help you to complete the picture of the Hartmann production (in relation to Wrench).

Best regards,

quasar
  • dave43

277 messages

United Kingdom

Thanks as always! I'll look

Join the collectors community

Register Login