No images uploaded for new articles by the Delcampe API

• sun10
    13 messages
    Canary Islands
    The images are on my server. Since a few days there are missing pictures in fixed-price articles, uploaded via the API. First only about 10% without pictures, yesterday over 50% without pictures or only one of several pictures. The API worked flawlessly for years with the program.
  • sun10
    13 messages
    Canary Islands
    the day before yesterday again all pictures were there, currently 10% of the pictures are missing again ...
  • @didier
    Administrator
     (Closed account)
    9 messages
    Belgium
    Dear Sun10,

There is no know API issues with the images. Can you ask your developer which call is done when image disappear ?
    Don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any additional question.

Kind Regards.
  • sun10
    13 messages
    Canary Islands
    Hello,

we are the developers ourselves. The php-code has been working completely correctly for years. Only since about March the pictures do not always work. All images were uploaded correctly on two days. It's completely random. Our server delivers the images quickly and error-free.

We suspect a timeout problem with too much traffic on the Delcampeserver.

We send to the API for the images e.g.:

$data['images'] = array(
    ' Link (http)
    ' Link (http)
    ' Link (http) '
    );

Function call by $objSoapClient ...

I will hope, you will find a resolution
  • sun10
    13 messages
    Canary Islands
    Hello,

yesterday from 14:18, 60 lots are with images uploaded. Did you fix something?
  • @olivier
    Administrator
    244 messages
    Belgium
    Hello,

yesterday from 14:18, 60 lots are with images uploaded. Did you fix something?
    • Created on 20 Mar 2018 at 07:36
    Hello, no we did not have any problems with downloading images so no correction.
  • cartespostales_de
    9 messages
    Germany
    Hello, no we did not have any problems with downloading images so no correction.
    • Created on 27 Mar 2018 at 08:02
    Same problems here since several weeks. Images are on the server, always available. But a huge uploads by the api does not show images.

So really, you should not answer there are no problems!
  • sun10
    13 messages
    Canary Islands
    Hello,

for a few weeks everything has been working perfectly
  • @thomas
    Administrator
    30 messages
    Belgium
    Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards
  • @olivier
    Administrator
    244 messages
    Belgium
    Same problems here since several weeks. Images are on the server, always available. But a huge uploads by the api does not show images.

So really, you should not answer there are no problems!
    • Created on 12 Apr 2018 at 05:23
    Hello cartepostales,

I investigated your case. When downloading the image, the file does not exist.

I think this is due to our script making mass requests to your server and it doesn't accept as many simultaneous connections.

You should adapt either the number of API calls or configure your server to accept more connections from our server.

Best regards,

Olivier.
  • cartespostales_de
    9 messages
    Germany
    Hello cartepostales,

I investigated your case. When downloading the image, the file does not exist.

I think this is due to our script making mass requests to your server and it doesn't accept as many simultaneous connections.

You should adapt either the number of API calls or configure your server to accept more connections from our server.

Best regards,

Olivier.
    • Created on 19 Apr 2018 at 05:24
    "and it doesn't accept as many simultaneous connections"

it seems, I am not the onliest one, who has the same problem, and it seems, as like as this problem occurs not by changing anything on the server from the sellers but it occurs by changing your upload rules.

So maybe it would be easier (for all), you will change the upload speed and decrease the mass requests.

I think, it would be easier for you, to slow down your mass requests (as like as in past) as to explain each seller to raise their server connections or to explain your buyers why you have so much items without pictures on sale.

Best regards
  • cartespostales_de
    9 messages
    Germany
    "and it doesn't accept as many simultaneous connections"

it seems, I am not the onliest one, who has the same problem, and it seems, as like as this problem occurs not by changing anything on the server from the sellers but it occurs by changing your upload rules.

So maybe it would be easier (for all), you will change the upload speed and decrease the mass requests.

I think, it would be easier for you, to slow down your mass requests (as like as in past) as to explain each seller to raise their server connections or to explain your buyers why you have so much items without pictures on sale.

Best regards
    • Created on 19 Apr 2018 at 06:06
    3 months later, same problem here.

Images will not be uploaded for all offers. Server is online, images are available. Please check your upload script.

Thanks.
    Best regards
  • @thomas
    Administrator
    30 messages
    Belgium
    3 months later, same problem here.

Images will not be uploaded for all offers. Server is online, images are available. Please check your upload script.

Thanks.
    Best regards
    • Created on 13 Jun 2018 at 04:22
    Dear cartespostales_de,

I'm sorry but you seem to be the only one still having this problem. You should adapt the number of API calls you make depending on what your servers can handle.

We can not slow down our script vis-a-vis our other members.

If you have any other suggestions don't hesitate to let me know, I remain to your disposal.

Best regards,

Thomas
  • sun10
    13 messages
    Canary Islands
    Hello, Oliver,

Since yesterday 50% of the pictures are missing again!

It would be better to adjust your script so that it does not continue until the image has been imported. Perhaps the connection between Belgium and Germany is broken?

With Delcampe Prestige there has been a problem for almost a year that the planned import of the images (step 5) does not end with the last image, but before it. Anyway, that's what it says on the screen. All images are imported. This simple error could be fixed once in a while.

We now build in 3 seconds pause after each picture. Maybe it'll help?

Translated with Link (http)
  • sun10
    13 messages
    Canary Islands
    Hello Oliver,

in the program was already before each new article a senseless waiting time of 1 second. I've now increased to four seconds.

Article #593831152 now shows no picture at all at Delcampe. Uploaded to Delcampe yesterday. The article has actually just one image. What mass processing should take place there?
    My server is connected with 360 GigaBit/s has 12 cores 32GB main memory and SSD disks. Maybe to fast?
  • @thomas
    Administrator
    30 messages
    Belgium
    Hello sun10,

I need more informations to help you further.

Do you know how fast you are uploading ? What size do your pictures ?
  • sun10
    13 messages
    Canary Islands
    The upload is about 1 Gbit, the images are between 200 and 400 KB in size on average. Between each article was 1 second break (sleep(1)). It'll be missing pictures. Now it's four seconds off (sleep(4)). This works without errors.
  • @thomas
    Administrator
    30 messages
    Belgium
    The upload is about 1 Gbit, the images are between 200 and 400 KB in size on average. Between each article was 1 second break (sleep(1)). It'll be missing pictures. Now it's four seconds off (sleep(4)). This works without errors.
    • Created on 25 Jun 2018 at 08:01
    I'm glad you succeeded to solve your problem.

If I can still help you make me a sign.

Regards,
  • cartespostales_de
    9 messages
    Germany
    Dear cartespostales_de,

I'm sorry but you seem to be the only one still having this problem. You should adapt the number of API calls you make depending on what your servers can handle.

We can not slow down our script vis-a-vis our other members.

If you have any other suggestions don't hesitate to let me know, I remain to your disposal.

Best regards,

Thomas
    • Created on 20 Jun 2018 at 10:12
    Hi Thomas,

"If you have any other suggestions don't hesitate to let me know, I remain to your disposal."

Yes, I have another suggestion.
    Update the script, when an image could not be processed put it in a queue to retry it later.

The pictures are all available. You can double check it by viewing the item description. I have add the pictures in the item description. But pictures in the item description is not good as like as pictures in preview.

I still hope you can solve it.

Best thanks.
    Best regards
  • @thomas
    Administrator
    30 messages
    Belgium
    Hi cartepostales_de,

I will look at the feasibility of your proposal.

I'll come back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards
  • @thomas
    Administrator
    30 messages
    Belgium
    Dear cartepostales_de,

I regret to tell you that we cannot accept your suggestion for technical reasons.

The only last solution I see is to adapt your script so your server can handle it.

I'm sorry I can not help you further.

Best regards,

Thomas

Join the collectors community

Register Login