Start of the sale:
£1 BANK of ENGLAND
Series C – Portrait Issue
Signature : J.B. Page
p379a / B326 u Prefix B47 u UNC
The Bank of England (formally the Governor and Company of the Bank of England) is, despite its name, the central bank of the whole of the United Kingdom and is the model on which most modern, large central banks have been based. It was established in 1694 to act as the English Government's banker, and to this day it still acts as the banker for the UK Government. The Bank was privately owned and operated from its foundation in 1694 until it was nationalized in 1946. In 1997 it became an independent public organisation, wholly-owned by Government, with independence in setting monetary policy.
John Brangwyn Page was the 25th Cashier, holding the post between 1970 and 1980. This note has only one Serial Number, printed at the bottom right hand corner. The top left hand side was left blank for encoding marks used by electronic note sorting machines.
Obverse (front) – Brown with portrait of Queen Elizabeth II to right and a figure of Britannia seated.
Reverse (back) – Brown with lion holding a scroll in its mouth bearing the words “Bank of England Ten Pounds” and holding a key in its front right paw.
Grading – UNC - A perfectly preserved note. Paper is clean and firm, without discoloration. Corners are sharp and square, without any evidence of rounding, folding or bending.
Size – 150mm x 93mm approximately.
- The note shown is that being auctioned unless stated elsewhere in the listing.
- Please do not send payment before receiving your invoice.
- Please pay within 5 days from end of sale.
- I am happy to post to Europe and Worldwide, pricing elsewhere on this page. Please note these prices are for packaging and basic postage only, i.e. not signed for. I will also post items to your specifications provided the details and price are agreed beforehand.
- Reduction in p&p rates apply if other notes are purchased from me together for the same address.
- Postage for notes sold for over £45 will normally be sent First Class Signed For Delivery within the UK at a P&P cost of £3.10, unless marked as free.
- International Postage for notes sold for over £75 will normally be by International Tracked post at a P&P cost of £10, unless stated otherwise.
- The buyer is responsible for any local taxes.
- Payment by personal cheque is accepted, however item will not be sent until after the funds have cleared.
*** Thank you very much for looking at this item ***
Jknotes – eBay sales for St Edmunds Coins and Banknotes
IBNS Member 12577